Dee-Ann's Reviews > The Street Sweeper

The Street Sweeper by Elliot Perlman

I got to the point of no return last night ... I just had to finish the last 100 pages, and thus are feeling the effects today. Great book, which is a mirage of peoples lives and periods of time. Not too sure about the final paragraph and was expecting a little bit more Ver good though. It is a bit harrowing with the descriptions of the death camps and it is near impossble to imagine the savagery required to manage and work these areas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Street Sweeper.

December 21, 2011 – Shelved
March 25, 2012 – Started Reading
March 25, 2012 –
page 36
"getting into it"
March 26, 2012 –
page 40
"acts of racism make me cringe, in that the victims are often helpless, in the wrong place at the wrong time."
March 31, 2012 –
page 85
April 1, 2012 –
page 102
"the links are fascinating"
April 2, 2012 –
page 110
"complex ... but I want to follow more of what is happening to Lamont."
April 9, 2012 –
page 270
"This book could make the year 12 booklist in the near future, though not sure about all the dates and references. It has me hooked."
April 10, 2012 –
page 280
"The atrocities are hard to deal with, on both continents."
April 11, 2012 –
page 284
"I naively thought the atrocities stopped at the end of WW11."
April 15, 2012 –
page 388
"Almost missed my busstop this morning as I was so engrossed in the story. Very bleak at the moment."
April 16, 2012 –
page 438
"I could not get the incinerator images out of my head lst night ... I just have to read on to hopefully replace them with other images."
April 17, 2012 – Shelved as: australian-authors
April 17, 2012 – Shelved as: five-star
April 17, 2012 – Shelved as: historical-fiction
April 17, 2012 – Shelved as: goodreads-giveaway
April 17, 2012 – Shelved as: memoir
April 17, 2012 – Shelved as: library-book-reading-session
April 17, 2012 – Finished Reading

Mish Dee-Ann, I completely forgot to write a review on this but I’ve written one now – Amazing book and compelling read. I hope you enjoy it :)