Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)'s Reviews > All the Way

All the Way by Kristen Proby

liked it

Kristen Proby sits in my top 10 most read authors list. I enjoy her humor, her sense of family and love that comes out in all of her books. She also writes some freakin' hot moments along the way between her lead characters. I am very familiar with this author. That said, this is probably the least favorite of any book she has written.

It's the start of a new series I presume will follow Finn, Quinn and Carter. Finn and London meet at the reading of her parents will after a tragic accident. And then he asks her out on a dateafter having security escort her brother out of the building---weird. When they meet up again months later, it's like they never had that awkward interaction and with in a couple days they are sleeping together. I don't mind insta-love stories but I never get the feeling that they particularly like each other.

Finn and London both float along. We get to know a bit about them individually but as a couple, I just didn't get any swoony vibes at all. I finished the book and still wasn't too sure what they saw in each other other than great s3x.

The first book in a series, to me, should lay out the setting and the characters to come as the series progresses. I am mildly more interested to see what happens to Quinn and Carter but would be ok at this point if I don't read their books.

All that said, this seems a one off for this author. Her work is fantastic. I will give the rest of the series a shot just to see if she can bring it back around.

Just ok for me this time.

*Complimentary copy provided for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the Way.

August 17, 2018 – Shelved