Jessica *The Lovely Books*'s Reviews > The Wrong Blaze

The Wrong Blaze by Meagan Brandy

bookshelves: angst, enemies-to-lovers, alpha-male

“I know what I see in her baby blues, and buried deep beneath her feelings for someone who doesn’t deserve her and will never want her like I do... is me.
Her antihero.”

Y’all...OMGGGGG. That was a rollercoaster of emotions if I ever saw one. Wow!

Holyyyyy...that was GOOD! The angst. I’m surprised my body came out alive after all that angst and the twists and the turns. Sure, there was a lot that didn’t surprise me in the least. But there was also a lot that had my jaw dropping. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher near by because damn.

Alec and Oakley have known each other their entire lives. That thin line of love and hate really is very thin. But the thing is, is that our boy Alec has only ever seen Oakley. While she has only ever seen Rowan...her best friend.

Things aren’t always what they seem though. And as I mentioned earlier, there’s stuff you’ll probably guess but then again there’ll be things that may surprise you. Alec is one sexy man. He’s a total alpha that will piss you off. I’ve seen reviews that have said they wanted to throw their kindle, and I think I have to agree.

I wanted to throw my kindle so bad.

I didn’t obviously. I had to know what happened even if my heart was shattering. Even though the characters made me want to shake them. I wanted to scream at times. I shed a tear or two... I have to tell you though—I loved ever damned minute of it!

Oakley. My girl. She’s badass in every way that counts. You want a strong heroine? This is her. You want a woman that doesn’t take shit from any man, including one she may be falling for? You got her. How about one that’s brave, kind, and completely amazing? I can keep on convincing you but I won’t. Get this book! And prepare...

“When you have a man, when he’s yours”—he inches forward, placing his hands on each side of me, locking me in place—“you’ll feel it everywhere. You’ll heat up at the thought of him, melt from his words, and you’ll fucking burn when he touches you. When he’s yours, he’ll fuck you ‘til you’re spent, and still ... you’ll beg for more. Crave more. Always more.”

*Thank you to the author for providing a copy for an honest and unbiased review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wrong Blaze.

August 16, 2018 – Started Reading
August 16, 2018 – Shelved
August 16, 2018 –
46.0% "Wtf!!

Seriously this book is too much!"
August 16, 2018 – Shelved as: angst