Aaron Vincent's Reviews > Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances

Dec 20, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011-read, contemporary-ya
Read in January, 2011

3 star-rating to Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson.
The first 'book' I read from Maureen Johnson. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. I find Maureen's tweets and blog posts a great deal funnier than she was in this. It's cute and made me felt the merriment of the holiday season. Did it excite me to read more from her? Not really. But I won't mind reading them if I have nothing else to read.

4 star-rating to A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green.
John Green is in his usual formula -- the endearingly awkward straight-edge guy lead, unpredictable no-shit girl, and laugh-out-loud hilarious sidekick -- with a touch of holiday spirit to boost. As John Green has proven time and time again, it doesn't matter if the characters in his novel/story fits a familiar mold because he can make you care for them and think of these characters as genuine persons, flaws and all. A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle met all of my expectations, but didn't surpass them.

1 star-rating to The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle.
Probably one of the worst stories I've read this year(be it in short story or novel format). The jokes are just uncomfortably unfunny as though the author were trying a wee bit too hard emulating the first two author's hilarity. The characterizations were problematic and they had ZERO chemistry with one another. This story puts the 'A' in the word annoying. Really. And it's unfortunate that this is part of this book --worst, the last part of the book and all the characters in the previous stories made a cameo. I will still read this short story collection every Christmas season, but I'll just skip over this part. Come on, who wants to get annoyed during Christmastime?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let It Snow.

Tina Ah I shouldn't have let go of this book in Eastwood. It's gone when I went back. ^^

message 2: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Let me know what you think of this when you're done reading! It's a perfect read for Christmas :P

Aaron Vincent I think I can finish this by Friday. If you want, I can lend it to you by Friday night so you can still read it before Christmas. :)

Aaron Vincent Cool! I thought he only wrote for NYT. He doesn't mention that he wrote for mental floss on his author bio or anywhere.

Aaron Vincent And John Green the god = win!

message 6: by Chachic (new)

Chachic Aaron Vincent wrote: "I think I can finish this by Friday. If you want, I can lend it to you by Friday night so you can still read it before Christmas. :)"

Are you talking to me or Tina here? :P

Aaron Vincent Tina, of course. You're home's too far from me!

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) I thought this was a nice light read.

Tina Aaron Vincent wrote: "I think I can finish this by Friday. If you want, I can lend it to you by Friday night so you can still read it before Christmas. :)"

You know I won't say no. But no rush. :) I still have back-up Christmas reads. :D

Aaron Vincent Emir: I want to read that! Do you still have the book??

Tina: It's okay. The short stories are very fast to read.

Aaron Vincent Oh noes. Can I just borrow it?

Aaron Vincent Are you going to the 1984 offline discussion this January? Maybe you can lend it to me there.

Aaron Vincent Yehey! Thank you!

message 14: by Alli (new) - rated it 4 stars