Sarah {Literary Meanderings}'s Reviews > Enchanted Again

bookshelves: read-in-2012, not-my-cuppa, series-i-will-not-continue, cover-love
Read from February 07 to 14, 2012

♥ Find my reviews on Blogger ~ Reviews by Bookish Sarah

*I don't recommend reading this unless you've read Enchanted No More first.*

Amber Sarga is a curse breaker. The problem? Magic has a price. Each time Amber breaks a curse she ages. Sometimes it's merely weeks, other times it's years. Amber has a good life going for herself. The perfect home in Mystic Circle, her precious puppies to keep her company, garden to keep her busy, and her own genealogy business.

Then the handsome and cursed Rafe Davail walks into her life and turns everything upside down. While Rafe is busy stealing her heart, his curse may be the one to finally steal her life.

- - -

I was quite disappointed with this book. I thoroughly enjoyed Enchanted No More. It was quite amazing. I expected the same thing from Enchanted Again. Didn't happen.

I think, in part, this is because I fell so in love with the characters from book one that the characters in this installment paled in comparison. Amber was sort of dull and Rafe was even more so.

The plot moved along incredibly slow and it was, quite frankly, boring. Unlike it's predecessor, Enchanted Again didn't have enough of the magical element to it; not enough of the fantasy world that I adored so much. Most of this story took place right in Amber's home and it was just this never-ending circle of Amber and Rafe dealing in chocolate to the brownies of the home, arguing over how magical Rafe may or may not be, and the two of them tiptoeing around their feelings for each other.

The final battle was less than satisfying. I was expecting something much more dramatic and exciting. This one was almost cheesy and, again, paled in comparison to Enchanted No More.

One thing I can say I truly enjoyed was how much character the brownies brought to the story. I adore those little creatures! They are so much fun!

I also enjoyed the ending. It was sort of interwoven with the first book in the series. It was an almost-sad-but-happy-at-the-last-minute sort of ending. I am glad that with all the problems I had with this book, I at least got a great ending out of it. :)

If there is a third book I'll read it, but I hope it's a step up from this one.

Book source: NetGalley
Publisher: Luna/Harlqeuin

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchanted Again.

02/13/2012