Sandra's Reviews > A Rage for Revenge

A Rage for Revenge by David Gerrold

9420228

bookshelves: audio

Not a good sign when an author starts a book by saying "I know I'm not supposed to explain my work but I'm gonna do it anyway. If you're annoyed by it I meant to do that."
Really? I'm meant to be annoyed by how stupidly and unrealistically your characters behave? I'm meant to be annoyed by the way you're writing the same lectures for the third time? Eh.

I hate his protagonist with children. The first things he does is 1) lie to them; 2) overstep boundaries (he himself had pointed out just before). (view spoiler)

I hate how people from completely different backgrounds use the same kind of language to express same kinds of not so common, hard to explain concepts. Maybe can be explained by nationwide brainwashing programme, but I doubt it can be made so similar all over such a big country, I think it should have differed significantly for different people.

It took me ages to write this review because it's like the most annoying book but I can't stop reading it, because the invasion stuff is really interesting. I'm beginning to wonder if the series works if one skips this book. I think this was the most annoying one yet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Rage for Revenge.

August 15, 2018 – Started Reading