Jennifer's Reviews > Wild Hunger

Wild Hunger by Chloe Neill

bookshelves: paranormal, vampires, shapeshifters, magic, fae, urban-fantasy, mystery, spinoff, rdn, listened-to-audiobook, read-2018

If you liked Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires series, then you will love this spin-off! Never heard of Chloe Neill or Chicagoland Vampires? That's okay...you'll like it too.

Wild Hunger is the first installment in the Heirs of Chicagoland series, and the series title tells you exactly what you need to know. It's Chloe Neill's fun and familiar action-packed storytelling, still set in well-loved Chicago, but it's filled with the next generation. The main characters are Elisa Sullivan and Connor Keene (recognize any last names??) but there are tons of additional characters that compliment the leads in a format similar to its predecessor. Bonus: We even get major screen time with all our favorites from the original, but their roles are downplayed as to allow their offspring to shine.

Urban fantasy meets mystery/suspense in a spinoff that promises some passionate romance in future installments. How long til the next book? You can fill the time catching up on the generation before or you can start fresh with this one. Your choice. Enjoy!

My favorite quote:
"It's not an advantage to be numb to terrible things. It means we can't feel. When we can feel, and we do it anyway, we show our bravery. And terrible times are when we need to act most of all. That's when we do the most good."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Hunger.

Quotes Jennifer Liked

Chloe Neill
“My smart and kind and beautiful girl.” He liked to say that, had been saying it for years, and had always put “beautiful” last. Whether it was true or not, he'd tell me it was the least important of the three. “You are smart,” he'd say. “You should be kind. And if you are, you'll always be beautiful.”
Chloe Neill, Wild Hunger

Chloe Neill
“There are some decisions that we make, and some that are made for us. Sometimes you accept the path that's offered to you, and you live the path – that life – with grace. And sometimes you push forward, and you chart your own path. That decision is yours.”
Chloe Neill, Wild Hunger

August 15, 2018 – Shelved as: rdn
August 15, 2018 – Shelved as: listened-to-audiobook
August 15, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018
August 15, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Exina (new)

Exina Awesome review, Jennifer! xx

Jennifer Exina wrote: "Awesome review, Jennifer! xx"

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Great review, Jennifer! You know, you make this book sounds great. I'm SO hesitant to pick up an Urban Fantasy though . . . not sure this picky chickie could handle suspending disbelief for an entire book.

Jennifer Melissa wrote: "Great review, Jennifer! You know, you make this book sounds great. I'm SO hesitant to pick up an Urban Fantasy though . . . not sure this picky chickie could handle suspending disbelief for an enti..."

LOL, well it's good to know what you like and what you don't. Makes your chance at enjoyment a lot higher :)