Cathy Geha's Reviews > Abandoned

Abandoned by Allison Brennan

21182032

Abandoned by Allison Brennan
Max Revere #5

Max sounded familiar to me though I didn’t remember having read all of the books in the series. I looked back and found I had read one of them when it came out and had enjoyed it and have to say I enjoyed this one, too. Max Revere is a strong female lead with trust and commitment issues after being abandoned by her mother at the age of nine. She has finally decides to use her investigative skills to find out what happened to Martha, her mother, who was declared dead years ago. Was she murdered? Has she assumed another name and moved away? What happened to her? If she is dead then why and who killed her?

With clues brought in by a private investigator, her personal journals, postcards sent by her mother and time off from work Rex settles into the task she has set for herself. As in the other book I read in this series - Rex questions many people, follows where the clues lead, suspects various possible outcomes and then toward the end things get stirred up big time as a the threads of the mystery are unraveled to a dark gritty dirty core that leaves some dead, some injured, some with new family members and many with new truths to deal with. And, guess what? There is a new man for Rex to enjoy that (hopefully) will be a better match for her than the ones she has left behind.

Did I like this book? Yes
Would I read more in this series? Yes
Would I have wanted to have Rex’s life? Nope…no way…no how!

Thank you to NetGalley and Macmillan/SMP/Minotaur for the ARC – This is my honest review.

5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abandoned.

August 14, 2018 – Started Reading