Carlene Inspired's Reviews > All the Way

All the Way by Kristen Proby

bookshelves: adult, arc, contemporary, ng-group-challenge-2018, reviewed-books, romance, series, standalone

Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

All the Way is the first novel in Kristen Proby's new Romancing Manhattan series, introducing us to Finn Cavanaugh and London Watson, as well as a slew of secondary characters that we're sure to see again. Finn Cavanaugh is handsome lawyer stuck with the difficult job of being the estate lawyer for London's parents who recently passed in a house fire. London Watson is a broadway beauty queen, though her dreams of continuing her dancing career are put on hold by the fire. It's not the right timing, but sparks fly between the two when they discover they're neighbors at the romantic Martha's Vineyard.

This fast-paced romance sucked me in from the start, with Kristen Proby starting the novel at the height of painful family drama. I immediately liked London, she's a charismatic woman who is both unashamed of her wealth and unaware how different she is from other women. Finn, on the other hand, took me a moment to warm up to, with his directness and desperate need to care for London. He's described so well and I really enjoyed his chapters, so in time I warmed up to him, can't say it's hard to imagine a man wanting to woo a beautiful, successful women by pulling out all the stops. London's life has been much like the drop of a rollercoaster and Finn wants nothing more than to bring her to the top.

"If I'm not mistaken, Finn Cavanaugh just claimed me"

The relationship progresses quickly, but it made for an entertaining, quick read. Each dives headfirst into one another, replacing the usual dating and getting to know each other with serious emotions and some bumps that shake things up a bit. Finn and London engage in some hilarious banter, a bit of delicious smut (Duh!), and there is quite a lot of world development as the characters take their romance from Martha's Vineyard to the skyline of Manhattan. Kristen Proby sets the stage with All the Way, introducing us to London's fellow dancers and revealing that Finn Cavanaugh is not the only handsome lawyer in his family. There's also a hint of mystery, something I hope we see in future books in the series. It's a layered novel, with several plot lines taking place at once before tying together in a neat, sweet bow.

"'There's a shortcut to my place down here,' she says with a wink. 'Just in case you ever need it.'"

Romancing Manhattan is an exciting new series from Kristen Proby and All the Way is a solid introductory novel. Longtime fans will love meeting new characters and new readers will find themselves swooning for the handsome, romantic heroes. I look forward to finding out what's next in this series, especially if we will be getting more of Carter and Quinn.

ARC provided by Harper Collins

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the Way.

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Wonderful review =))