Anaya MacLeod's Reviews > Vigilance

Vigilance by H.G. Chambers

bookshelves: anaya-macleod

There are some excellent, and well-deserved reviews, of this novel already. See www.amazon.com for the details. So rather than give an outline of the storyline I thought I would record what I thought of the novel.

This was an imaginative and well written fast-paced sci-fi/fantasy adventure using creative world-building skills and intriguing characters – each of them flawed in their own way.

The plot twists and turns kept me turning the pages, wanting to know what happened next. I found it a hard book to put down once I started reading it and I ended up staying up late one night to finish it. I mean, who can go to bed when it seems all is lost and you are desperate to know what happens to your characters?

I loved the warmth, the humor, the adventure, the highs and the lows - and the victories. I loved the imagination used to create the types of magic the characters use and the skillful way the author has in giving each of the characters their own unique voice. And I also loved the creativity behind the terrifying baddies that were as real as the main characters themselves. I look forward to finding out what happens to the Ministry and finding out how they get their comeuppance.

I would highly recommend this read to more than sci-fi or fantasy readers. It’s for all of those who love to see stories which include unforgettable characters and love reading about their stories, finding out about their flaws and their battles, and watching them grow.

Well done H.G. Chambers. An incredible achievement. I look forward to reading Book 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vigilance.

December 1, 2017 – Started Reading