Claire's Reviews > The Cafe by the Bridge

The Cafe by the Bridge by Lily Malone

bookshelves: aussie-authors, australian-women-authors, australian-fiction

This is now my favourite Lily Malone book ❤️ what a fabulous read. I was completely drawn into the story and the lives of all the characters. I loved getting to know Abe and Taylor and sharing in their problems and the solutions. Taylor could be like a runaway train when she got the idea to help, but she had a heart of gold so you forgive her for that. Abe was gorgeous, even when struggling to cope he was lovely. I loved finding out how Jake and Ella from the first Chalk Hill book are doing down the track, and look forward to the next book to find out how these couples are travelling. Lily highlights the growing concern of male depression and the need for people to ask for help and to offer help if they think a friend or loved one might need it. A couple of secrets come out during this story and I look forward to hopefully finding out more down the track. Chalk Hill is a great town and I love reading about local places I have visited and am able to picture the characters there so vividly.

Thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin Australia & MIRA for a copy in return for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cafe by the Bridge.

August 13, 2018 – Shelved