Jeffrey Debris's Reviews > The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force

The Jedi Path by Daniel  Wallace

bookshelves: 2018, fantasy, science-fiction, in-collection, star-wars

After reading "The Bounty Hunter Code" (TBHC after this) from the same series as this book I was hoping this book would be a bit better. TBHC was fun, but too stale and dry for my taste. I was expecting "The Jedi Path" to be much more philosophical, since Jedi are much more spiritual than bounty hunters. So, did this book do its job?

As with the TBHC this book is meant as a guide. In this case, for aspiring young students of the Force. And just like TBHC this book is a wonderful collection of texts, illustrations, and annotations by famous characters from the Star Wars Universe.

The guide tells you everything you need to know about becoming a Jedi, dating back from the year 115 BBY. This means that a lot of information in this book describes how things were for the Jedi Order before the Clone Wars. The book gives the reader an introduction to the order, how to become a Padawan and finally how to become a Jedi Knight.

A lot of attention in this book is given to the many different types of Jedi in the order and what their roles are. The book gives you a good idea of what kind of careers you could pursue, depending on your personality, and personal philosophies. Even if you're not skilled enough in the use of the Force, there is a role you can fulfil within the order.

Overall I liked this book very much. Especially the parts about the Jedi code and the Force are great parts to read. I didn't like the parts about attire, and equipment as much, since they were quite dry, just like TBHC. What really adds to this books are the annotations by famous Jedi and even Sith. They added a lot of flavour and a little bit more depth to the book, even though these are no longer considered canon.

A much recommended read for any Star Wars fan, especially if you're into the Jedi, which is one of the main reasons I love Star Wars so much, even though I'm more of a Dark Sider myself. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jedi Path.

August 13, 2018 – Started Reading