Christina's Reviews > The Darkest Seduction

The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter

Dec 20, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: demons, pnr

** spoiler alert ** The action at the end of the book almost pushed it to a 3.0 but I just can't get over how utterly sappy the romance between Paris and Sienna was. There was no sparks just the fact that Paris got hard twice for the same woman. Well, I need more than that. Then added to the sugar an sweetness was the never-ending "I have to leave him, but maybe I can stay one more day" tug of war. Oh and it wasn't one sided, Paris was in the same tug of war "I need to leave her, no I don't" banter. BAH! I just couldn't get into these two. I liked Paris in the beginning but he grated on me in the last few books. He just has this tunnel vision when it comes to Sienna and it was more annoying than anything else.

Onto Sienna. I think I would have liked her more if we saw more of Wrath come through. She has this kick ass demon in her and I wanted to see more of her wreaking havoc. I liked her in the fighting scenes at the end so I think if the author built more on that it would have strengthened her character for me. I did not like the dead sister and miscarriage story line at all. It seemed like something just thrown in. It had no substance. I thought Sienna's character needed to be developed more, maybe more background with the hunters, anything instead of her constantly thinking of her sister. I'm not sure how I feel about her being Queen yet. I do like Sienna and she definitely has some potential and fight in her so we'll just have to wait and see. The jury is still out.

As far as the other characters go, I did like the other story lines. I enjoyed the demon twins being born. I really like Ashlyn and Maddox together so this was a bonus for me.

I also enjoyed Cronus and Rhea dueling it out. Gotta love two super powers always trying to one up each other.

Hated Viola! Sorry but this is a bad imitation of Anya. Just doesn't work.

I still absolutely love William! To me, he steals the show. I always look forward to him. I really hope Showalter doesn't screw up his character like she did with Strider.

Galen and Legion could be interesting. I felt for Legion, she's broken and scared. I'd like to see more of her.

Another could be interesting character is Kane. I honestly never cared for him but his scenes weren't bad. I felt his pain and the hopelessness in him. This could turn out ok.

My favorite was Zacharel! He's sexy and strong. What I love about him is his coldness and how detached he is. He better get someone special and he better not change. That's all we need is another love sick puppy. No, No, No!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Seduction.

December 20, 2011 – Shelved
December 20, 2011 – Shelved as: demons
December 20, 2011 – Shelved as: pnr
March 13, 2012 – Started Reading
March 13, 2012 –
page 99
19.64% "Ok, I don't like Viola."
March 14, 2012 –
page 172
34.13% "I like where this is headed for Sienna and Galen but all the sappy descriptions throughout the book is starting to irritate me. Let's see.... "His skin was like crushed diamonds mixed with honey and cream. Pale, yet kissed with shimmers of the sun" *rolls eyes* Sorry but way to sappy for me."
March 15, 2012 –
page 303
60.12% "I really want to see what happens to Ashlyn and the babies."
March 17, 2012 – Finished Reading

Little Butterfly Will this be your next?

Christina I probably will. I'm ready for some LotU. How about you?

Little Butterfly Yeah me too. I'm curious. Not only about Paris but also about the other story lines. It's hard to evade spoilers these days. everyone seems happy about this book.

Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ I read very mixed reviews. I'm nearly finished. Won't spoil anything but it's kind of dragging.

Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ I'm curious if you'll like it more than I did.

Little Butterfly Ha, you couldn't resist!

Christina Yup....just started it but Jodie I'm also re-reading SG. I can't seem to let go of those boys just yet, LOL. I'm sneaking in a chapter here and there :)

Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ I'm not a fan of Viola either. She's not as bad as other characters but too much of another Anya-clone. This gets boring.

Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ Really like your review. But you know with his HEA Zacharel will get all emotional and sappy... I wish we could enjoy ice-cold Zacharel some more.

Christina I know :( I wouldn't mind if he expressed a little here and there (towards the end) but it would have to be a struggle for him. No insta, I love you's and roses. If you're going to start a character like Zacharel, then keep him that way.

Marina You review really describes my feelings and thoughts too.

If I could have my way, I would rate this book with 2stars for the Paris-Sienna romance and 4stars for the rest of the storyline.

Whenever I finish a book I have a mental check "Was that book worth my time?", "Was that book worth the money I paid?" In this case the answer was YES in both the questions, I trully enjoed Gena's writing and all the side-stories.

message 12: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ (last edited Mar 19, 2012 02:18AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ Well, 3 stars would be a compromise if you enjoyed one part and the other not so much.

Christina Marina wrote: "You review really describes my feelings and thoughts too.

Whe..."

I'm glad you liked it Marina! I really enjoy the lore in her books too and even though I didn’t like the last few of her books, I'll continue with the series and I definitely will be reading Zacharel's book :)

Marina I mean who wouldn't like to read about an angel who keeps a fallen angel blinfoled and handcuffed in bed?????????

Christina Mmmmhmmmm......and he came into the room dripping wet. Now that's how you do it :)