Samantha's Reviews > Titanic Sinks!: Experience the Titanic's Doomed Voyage in this Unique Presentation of Fact and Fiction

Titanic Sinks! by Barry Denenberg

Dec 20, 2011

AMAZING! I'm very impressed with the attention to detail and research that went into this book. The author notes that he only included pictures of the Titanic, not any pictures of the Olympic as other books do. The writing style is very clear and easy to read. The author blends fiction and reality (he makes up a reporter so readers have a 1st person perspective, but all of this passenger's perspective is based on actual accounts and research) to make the reader feel as up close and personal as possible. The book is formatted to look and feel like a series of newspapers which helps break the subject up into manageable chucks or "chapters". Every aspect of Titanic is covered from basic stats detailing who was on board and what percent of each class survived to quantities of food and serving equipment to backstory on famous passengers and the construction of the massive ship. I highly recommend this book as fascinating nonfiction pleasure reading to upper elementary and middle school grades. I think it could also serve as a good homework help/report tool though the format of the book would probably require that it be read cover to cover rather than section by section for fact-finding purposes. I can't say enough good aabout this book and I will definitely keep my eye on this author because he is a treasure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Titanic Sinks!.