Bex (Beckie Bookworm)'s Reviews > Escape With Me

Escape With Me by Lisa Eugene

bookshelves: arc, book-reviews, contemporary, crime, erotic, mystery, romance, sports, suspense, thriller

ewm-fb-banner_orig

4.5 Stars
Arc Book Review
Release Date-2/6/18

Well Well Well, this one was quite the little gem; so wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did.
I don't actually read much romantic suspense as it's not my favourite genre but so glad I gave "Escape With Me" a chance.
So this was my first book by this particular author but it certainly won't be my last.
Told in dual POV with a from the get-go interesting premise this managed to hook my attention instantly.
Such an easy fast paced suspensful read; which was a hot as it was tense.
"Escape With Me" managed to portray just the right amount of balance between plotline and romance.
The story centres around Jody and Jason.
Jody is in the city to investigate her sister's disappearance from the exclusive escort club "Escape".
obtaining a job in the office under false pretences mainly so she can dig deeper into the mystery at hand; it's not long before she realises she's in a lot deeper than she can safely handle.
Jason is a pro football player and when he mistakes Jody for his booked Escort Vixen sparks do ignite.
But with a barrel of baggage left behind by his greedy Ex, the road to true love with these two was never going to be easy.
With dodgy happenings about and things heating up on the streets as well as between the sheets, Jason pairs up with Jody to assist her in her search and also help keep her safe; while still trying to protect his own heart in the process.
So this was a great read that was action packed throughout; the characters involved here were both likeable and believable.
The side-cast was also fantastic adding an extra layer to the proceedings and just when I thought I had all the answers I quickly realised that was not actually the case at all.
Some stuff I did guess but other bits completely shocked my socks off.
This was by no means predictable and definitely kept me guessing.
this would have been a full house from me but unfortunately, I disliked the ending; I thought Jason got off much too lightly and Jody should really have made the lad squirm.
I also didn't like how he didn't come to Jody's defence against his manager, that well annoyed me.
And finally how much importance he gave to his crappy biotch of an Ex letting her actions impact his life with a girl who had never been anything but lovely to him.
That peed me off the most if I'm being honest here.
But despite the above, the rest of this was grand for me and a fantastic read.
This is such a fabulous addition to its genre that I'm happy to give a thumbs up to.
Thank you to the author for providing me with an ARC of "Escape With Me" of which I have reviewed voluntary.
All opinions are entirely my own.

Escape-With-Me-Cover-701x1024

Reviewed By Beckie Bookworm.
www.beckiebookworm.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Escape With Me.

August 13, 2018 – Shelved