Chaima ✨ شيماء 's Reviews > Beneath the Citadel

Beneath the Citadel by Destiny Soria

bookshelves: lgbtqia-rep, fantasy, young-adult, read-in-2018, poc-rep, boys-love-boys, fiction

if you’re:
⚪️ a man
⚪️ a woman
🔘 tired of occupying a human form

and you’re looking for:
⚪️ a man
⚪️ a woman
🔘 a fun & unputdownable heist book with a multi ethnic group of rebels consisting of plus-size ace girls and bi boys teaming up, despite nigh-impossible odds, to achieve the unachievable, featuring also the most wholesome friends-to-lovers gay romance and the most nerve-wracking ending

Then you better SMASH that “want-to-read” button because this was FUCKING GREAT.

BLOG | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beneath the Citadel.

August 13, 2018 – Shelved
October 19, 2018 – Started Reading
October 22, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)

message 1: by Britt (new) - added it

Britt ACE?? ACE REP??

message 2: by Saskia (new) - added it

Saskia Plus size Ace girls? Sign me the fuck up!

Chaima ✨ شيماء Britt wrote: "ACE?? ACE REP??"

SO IVE HEARD MY ACE HEART IS BURSTING

Chaima ✨ شيماء Saskia wrote: "Plus size Ace girls? Sign me the fuck up!"

MOOD

message 5: by thorn (new) - added it

thorn perpetual mood honestly

Cassie a story with plus sized ace girls was meant for me bc, spoiler alert, i am both of those things so give me now dfnvdfjjj

message 7: by Tucker (new) - added it

Tucker I feel stupid asking thiw but what does 'ace' mean? :/ Sorry, I am still learning the bookish vocabulary

message 8: by Britt (new) - added it

Britt Tucker wrote: "I feel stupid asking thiw but what does 'ace' mean? :/ Sorry, I am still learning the bookish vocabulary"

Asexuality means you literally do not feel sexual attraction. According to Google, the direct definition is "without sexual feelings or associations."
However, some aces might still be interested in HAVING sex — they just don't feel the same appeal, physically, that "the majority" (aka people who DO feel sexual attraction, aka most of the population) do.
Some asexuals ARE sex-repulsed (I am one of those said aces), but some others can have no opinion regarding sex, or some others may even like it. It all depends on the person. :)
Asexuality does not automatically mean you have a low libido! Asexuality and having a sex drive are different from one another.

Maia I was already excited about this book because it is Destiny Soria, and Iron Cast was great, but now it's even better!!!

message 10: by Tucker (new) - added it

Tucker Britt wrote: "Tucker wrote: "I feel stupid asking thiw but what does 'ace' mean? :/ Sorry, I am still learning the bookish vocabulary"

Asexuality means you literally do not feel sexual attraction. According to ..."

Thanks!

message 11: by Saskia (new) - added it

Saskia Cassie wrote: "a story with plus sized ace girls was meant for me bc, spoiler alert, i am both of those things so give me now dfnvdfjjj"

SAME. Like...finding one of those things is hard enough but fat and ace? Impossible.
I just hope their asexuality isn't linked to their fatness.

Chaima ✨ شيماء Thorn wrote: "perpetual mood honestly"

🙌🏽🙌🏽

Chaima ✨ شيماء Cassie wrote: "a story with plus sized ace girls was meant for me bc, spoiler alert, i am both of those things so give me now dfnvdfjjj"

YAYY!!! this sounds so good too I’m so excited!!

Chaima ✨ شيماء Britt wrote: "Tucker wrote: "I feel stupid asking thiw but what does 'ace' mean? :/ Sorry, I am still learning the bookish vocabulary"
Asexuality means you literally do not feel sexual attraction. According to ..."

yess☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽

Chaima ✨ شيماء Maia wrote: "I was already excited about this book because it is Destiny Soria, and Iron Cast was great, but now it's even better!!!"

oohh I still have to read Iron Cast but this sounds sooo good!!

message 16: by Peyton Rolle (new)

Peyton Rolle 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Chaima ✨ شيماء Saskia wrote: "Cassie wrote: "a story with plus sized ace girls was meant for me bc, spoiler alert, i am both of those things so give me now dfnvdfjjj"

I just hope their asexuality isn't linked to their fatness. "

this though ☝🏽☝🏽

Chaima ✨ شيماء Peyton Rolle wrote: "😂😂😂😂😂😂😂"

🙈🙈

Ellen Thomson “bi boys and plus size ace girls teaming up to achieve the impossible” tbh someone needs to hire you to write blurbs asap bc this sold me so fast

Chaima ✨ شيماء Ellen wrote: "“bi boys and plus size ace girls teaming up to achieve the impossible” tbh someone needs to hire you to write blurbs asap bc this sold me so fast"

SSKSJDJSJ Ellen you have found my true calling

may ➹ was she really ace though 🧐🤔

Chaima ✨ شيماء may ➹ wrote: "was she really ace though 🧐🤔"

LET IT DIE WITH DIGNITY I knew my memory was shit but this transcends all possible levels of shit im in awe of how much of a dumbass I can be sjsskskdjs but she’s hella ace and a Big Mood it’s what we deserve

message 23: by bee (new) - rated it 5 stars

bee bi boys? ace girls?? PLUS SIZE ace girls???? why isn't it in my hands right now, I don't understand

message 24: by bee (new) - rated it 5 stars

bee "wholesome friends-to-lovers gay romance" STOP this isn't fair 💔

message 25: by L.C. (new) - added it

L.C. Perry I need to read this

message 26: by Ella M (new) - added it

Ella M ughhh i wish i wasn't constantly broke all the time so i could read this.

message 27: by Malanie (new)

Malanie this book seems actually perfect, like the first snowflake of winter????? *cries*

message 28: by Gabi (new) - added it

Gabi Smashing want-to-read button! SMASHING IT!!

message 29: by Veronika (new) - added it

Veronika Ok, I smashed ;)

message 30: by Mara (new) - added it

Mara You convinced me at the friend-to-lovers romance, it doesn't even has to be gay.

Chaima ✨ شيماء belle jane wrote: ""wholesome friends-to-lovers gay romance" STOP this isn't fair 💔"

belle jane wrote: "bi boys? ace girls?? PLUS SIZE ace girls???? why isn't it in my hands right now, I don't understand"

AAAAH LISTEN ITS SO GOOD I HOPE YOU LOVE THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Chaima ✨ شيماء L.C. wrote: "I need to read this"

yes, yes you do!!!!

Khrys ♡《TheWaffleGirl》 this sounds so good

message 34: by Alexa (new) - added it

Alexa best recommendation, thanks!

message 35: by Tamar (new) - added it

Tamar is it only me that finding it a "beat" like SOC?

Chaima ✨ شيماء Ella M wrote: "ughhh i wish i wasn't constantly broke all the time so i could read this."

i hope your library has it 👀

Chaima ✨ شيماء Malanie wrote: "this book seems actually perfect, like the first snowflake of winter????? *cries*"

I genuinely didn’t expect it to be this good but it was so fun I’m shook?????

Chaima ✨ شيماء Gabi wrote: "Smashing want-to-read button! SMASHING IT!!"

I SUPPORT YOU

message 39: by B (new) - added it

B Meadows Ace girls and bi boys? Fucking yes!!! Gimme now gimme now!

Chaima ✨ شيماء Veronika wrote: "Ok, I smashed ;)"

HELL YEAH

Chaima ✨ شيماء Mara wrote: "You convinced me at the friend-to-lovers romance, it doesn't even has to be gay."

honestly mood that's my favorite romantic trope

Chaima ✨ شيماء Khrys wrote: "this sounds so good"

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN

Chaima ✨ شيماء Alexa wrote: "best recommendation, thanks!"

AAAH i hope you love it!!

message 44: by AziaMinor (new) - added it

AziaMinor Done and Done! Can't wait to read it!

message 45: by Laura (new)

Laura ☾★ The Wandering Witch ☆☽ This is probably the best review I’ve ever read LOL 😂

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ yes thank you

message 47: by Bee (new) - added it

Bee Reckless *SMASHES BUTTON*

Chaima ✨ شيماء Tamar wrote: "is it only me that finding it a "beat" like SOC?"

they share the same tropes and are both diverse but in terms of plot and characterization, they’re nothing alike! both hella fun and enjoyable tho!

Chaima ✨ شيماء Bethany wrote: "Ace girls and bi boys? Fucking yes!!! Gimme now gimme now!"

I literally SCREAMED like they actually use the terms “asexual” and “bisexual”.....explicitly.....on the page......WE STAN

Vanessa Jup. Loved that one. Would also add that the main female character is fairly unsympathetic BUT in a very well written way! I loved that.

« previous 1