Christopher Sergi's Reviews > Career of Evil

Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith

82072874

bookshelves: read-fiction
Read 2 times. Last read October 3, 2018 to October 10, 2018.

Ever a writer worthy of so much Admiration, Rowling yet again delivers a novel chocked with character development that exceeds over any genre she writes in. Career of Evil, the third novel in the Cormoran Strike series is by far the darkest of the three (now four with the introduction of book 4: Lethal White).

After receiving a terrifying package in the post, both Cormoran and Robin are thrown into a case that is unlike any other they have had to deal with. No longer are they concerned with the cases of others, this is purely a personal case they must solve together or risk life threatening dangers.

Like the previous two novels, Rowling does a great job of introducing new characters, whilst evolving the ones we've already come to love. Career of evil has no shortage either of side characters and sub plots to keep the momentum going, and out of the three novels I felt as though this one had the most pace and certainly the most stakes.

Far more violent and grotesque is the style of writing, and the motives of each character are laid out so deliciously it's hard to put the book down once you've really sunk your teeth into it.

It is evidential Rowling's style is always improving, which is good news for fans like myself: for we have rarely been disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Career of Evil.

Finished Reading