Cameron Currie's Reviews > Welcome to the Multiverse

Welcome to the Multiverse by Ira Nayman

I'm pretty sure I said this of one of his other books, but in the best possible way, Ira Nayman is insane. The basic idea of an infinite number of universes existing side-by-side is crazy enough, but policing it is crazy squared, and yet Nayman captures that, puts a leash on it, and serves it to us for dinner.
Aside from that, the difficulty of writing any sort of mystery in a speculative fiction setting is difficult, but Welcome to the Multiverse manages to destroy the 'technology/ a gadget did it' problem by making that a non-issue: they know a gadget did it, and what kind of gadget it was, and now they have to figure out who did it and how.
This is all thickly wrapped in cynicism, but flavoured in such a way as to keep things on the friendly side, making us grateful that this level of cynicism is not quite necessary in our branch of the multiverse... all the while ensuring a home-grown Canadian flair by including an apology on every page. Kudos!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to the Multiverse.

Started Reading