Chelsea Williford's Reviews > One of Us Is Lying

One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus

Let me start out with saying, HOLY CRAP! I'm angry I forgot to read this earlier. Second, even though I got spoilered because someone put trigger warnings outside a spoiler cut (my fault, I was trying to find other versions and saw a review when I ALWAYS avoid reviews before I finish reading; though I would def put trigger warnings below a spoiler cut, just saying), I was STILL shocked by the twist.

To start with, Bronwyn is one of my favorite YA characters I've read as an adult. I really, really liked her and identified with her, which means she may seem weird to actual teens but this is the life of reading YA when you're 28, I guess.

Overall, One Of Us Is Lying is an absolute thrill ride of a mystery. I read about 1/3rd of this book over the course of a few days, forgot I had it, and then a week later, I read the other 2/3rds in a single day. It's THAT much of a page-turner! I'm honestly sad I read this one before the book I'm reading now because wow, talk about a dip in quality!

I cannot recommend this one enough, and I feel like if I hadn't been spoiled for the ending, I could have given this a 5* review for the shock twist I wouldn't have otherwise saw coming AT ALL!

Read it! You'll adore it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One of Us Is Lying.

July 16, 2017 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
July 16, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
July 22, 2017 – Shelved as: at-the-library (Kindle Edition)
August 13, 2018 – Started Reading