Sarah's Reviews > Threepeat

Threepeat by K.C. Wells

liked it

3.5 stars - I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a BDSM romance that only just manages to skate around some of my personal triggers. I liked the characters and the sex is hot - but readers who enjoy full power exchange relationships will enjoy the narrative behind this D/s focused story much more than I did.

When Aaron brings home a very ill street kid, he and Sam are surprised to discover how much they get out of caring for the young man. And as much as Tim fills a void in their life, Sam and Aaron provide Tim with the comfort and security he desperately needs. I like the way the three men fit together and I like the slow burn heat as all three fumble towards the relationship they need from each other. The start of this book is lower heat than many I’ve read by this author but there are some wonderfully kinky scenes later in the story.

Personally, there were too many times I was uncomfortable with the power imbalance in the relationship between Aaron, Sam and Tim. When Aaron and Sam take Tim in, he is homeless, bruised and very ill. While Aaron and Sam are rich, successful middle aged men, Tim is still a teenager. And he reads as very, very young - especially in the first half of the book. Consent in this book feels a little bit blurry and I was never sure how much Tim’s desire to be Sam and Aaron’s slave is tied to the circumstances that brought him to their home in the first place.

Again, my reaction is pretty personal. I admit to being a fair weather BDSM reader and I’m not sure I’ve ever fully understood the attraction of total power exchange relationships. I liked all three of these characters and I enjoyed the sex in this story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Threepeat.

August 12, 2018 – Started Reading