Shanice Singh's Reviews > Elemental Thief

Elemental Thief by Rachel  Morgan

bookshelves: ebooks

I received a ebook copy in exchange for an honest review.
Magic was once a common part of life until a global magical event went wrong, ruining cities and killing people. Ridley Kayne was one of those affected- she lost her mother and her family had to give up their luxurious lifestyle. Magic was banned and several people lost their livelihood. Now Ridley spends her spare time stealing from those who have too much and giving to those in need.
When Ridley steals a figurine from one of the richest families, she is drawn into a web of danger. A stranger follows her home and is then killed allegedly by Ridley's best friend. Ridley is soon tracked down by Archer, the son of the family she stole from, to get the stolen figurine back or lives will be in danger.
I had doubts going into this book as I am not a huge fan of Urban Fantasy. I actually thought this was a Robin Hood retelling. However I enjoyed this book and look forward to seeing where this series goes. I wish there was more romance because I ABSOLUTELY ADORE ARCHER. This book has really rich world-building and I definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy 0r anyone who has read Rachel Morgan's books before. This may not be Creepy Hollow but it is definitely an intriguing read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elemental Thief.

August 12, 2018 – Started Reading