Kat Kennedy's Reviews > The Selection

The Selection by Kiera Cass

bookshelves: do-not-read

Reason in comments.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Selection.

December 19, 2011 – Shelved
February 10, 2016 – Shelved as: do-not-read

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

message 1: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy Going to update your blog with it?

message 2: by Kat Kennedy (new) - added it

Kat Kennedy Author being an asshole on Twitter to Goodreader Wendy regarding her review.

message 3: by Kat Kennedy (new) - added it

Kat Kennedy Yeah maybe. Depends.

message 4: by Kana (new) - added it

Kana Seriously, another one? And I wanted to read this one.... gah.

message 5: by Jessica-Robyn (new)

Jessica-Robyn Thanks for the heads up! (and for linking to the screen grabs) Such poor judgement on the authors part. :(

message 6: by Midnite (new)

Midnite Thanks for letting us know. Will stay away from this author.

message 7: by Lavi (new)

Lavi Apparently, it now makes sense to insult people who read your book. These people need to suffer serious consequences and soon.

message 8: by Kat Kennedy (new) - added it

Kat Kennedy I think the agent is probably the most offensive part of this equation.

It's still staying on my Goodreads shelf since I feel that the author and agent are still really blaze about this and don't see what the big deal is.

message 9: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Glad I read this because I was thinking about reading it:)

message 10: by Ainu (new)

Ainu Thank you I was almost buying it

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Luhman Thank you Kat for the heads up.

Sarah-Louise Cheers, I was just about to read it... Not now

message 14: by Ana (new)

Ana Wow, I'm so sorry she had to go through this. I was considering buying and reading these books, now they're definitely out.

Riana Why can't authors understand that not everyone is going to enjoy their books? They can't expect that all they're going to get are good reviews. If you want to be an author, you should get in knowing that you're going to get all kinds of reviews and accept them. And also, they can't diss readers. If a reader hasn't enjoyed the book and says so in her review, she's doing nothing wrong. Reviews are about what you think of the story. If you don't like it you can't lie.

message 16: by L. M. Warren (new)

L. M. Warren Well, I've read through this...and all I can say is as soon as I saw she didn't fully read the book her review was worthless to me.

Rebecca Hanson it's very boring, and not worth the read...the whole series was like nails on a chalk board imo