~ Becs ~'s Reviews > No Way Out

No Way Out by Cara Hunter

bookshelves: crime, dark-angsty, murder, mystery, police-procedural, suspense, thriller, twist-in-the-tale

I think Cara Hunter is my favourite new author discovery of the last year and No Way Out is absolutely Cara Hunter at the top of her game.

To me her novels feel something more akin to watching a true crime documentary (a guilty pleasure of mine) with the attention to detail of police reports and press releases. It lends an air of reality which I really love. There are no maverick renegade detectives here taking centre stage - it’s all about the mystery at the heart of the story and this is a thumping good one.

As with all the books in this series so far, We start with a report of a crime and the investigation sails onwards from here through ever murkier waters.

This one centres around a house fire and the victims within and I’m happy to report that the conclusion is just as thrilling and shocking as the story itself. It definitely doesn’t disappoint.

To say anymore would be to spoil the story and I would hate to do that so I’m going to conclude by recommending this to all thriller and mystery fans.

5 thrilling stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Way Out.

August 12, 2018 – Shelved
August 12, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
April 21, 2019 – Started Reading
April 21, 2019 –
25.0% "Absolutely can’t put this down"
April 22, 2019 –
57.0% "Thoroughly intrigued by this ever murkier mystery. Definitely Cara Hunter at the top of her game!"
April 24, 2019 – Shelved as: crime
April 24, 2019 – Shelved as: mystery
April 24, 2019 – Shelved as: thriller
April 24, 2019 – Shelved as: twist-in-the-tale
April 24, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Becs! :)