C.G. Drews's Reviews > Technically, You Started It

Technically, You Started It by Lana Wood Johnson

bookshelves: contemporary, young-adult, read-2020

so this was really cute, and also told entirely in text messages! I didn't realise that till I was perusing some reviews just before I started reading and I do like books told in alternate ways like this! It makes for a fast read and obviously so dialogue-focused, with tons of inside-jokes and banter which was just super fun.

(note: i read an ebook and I have the most basic kind of kindle and...formatting did not show up. It was also hard to read on my iPod with the latest update of the app so. I kind of recommend a physical copy if you can get one?)

other thoughts:
- demisexual and bi rep! but Haley and Martin were still figuring things out, so I do like that cautious and confused exploration of understanding yourself <3
- so much accurate feels for how it is to have internet friends!
- the blurb spoils, legit, the whole book 🙃🙃
- i liked it while reading it but tended to forget what was happening when I put it down (um, I did have a really bad week though)
- fun, fast, but also had lots of heart and loved the friendship focus

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Technically, You Started It.

August 11, 2018 – Shelved
August 11, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 13, 2020 – Started Reading
January 17, 2020 – Shelved as: contemporary
January 17, 2020 – Shelved as: young-adult
January 17, 2020 – Shelved as: read-2020
January 17, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jenn (new) - added it

Jenn Was this an ARC? I couldn’t find it on kindle... there’s an Andriel fic told entirely in text messages and I LOVE IT so this looks like a fun read!

message 2: by C.G. (new) - added it

C.G. Drews Jenn wrote: "Was this an ARC? I couldn’t find it on kindle... there’s an Andriel fic told entirely in text messages and I LOVE IT so this looks like a fun read!"

No it came out Oct 2019!