Steff's Reviews > Help! For Writers: 210 Solutions to the Problems Every Writer Faces

Help! For Writers by Roy Peter Clark

liked it
bookshelves: non-fiction

I really have a love for writing and I have for many years. So, when I walked through the doors of my local library one day and this was on the shelf, it practically screamed at me to pick it up. Many of the tips in this book are useful for any writer out there, but a majority of the way things are explained are from a journalist point of view. If you're a fiction writer you'll still benefit from reading this book, but some parts might seem like a bit of a bore. That is the only reason I didn't rate this higher. I honestly just didn't feel like a lot of it appealed to me. I really enjoyed the last section of 'Keeping the Faith'. If anything, that was probably the best part of the book and it was only several pages long. I would recommend this to anyone with any sort of interest in writing. If anything, at least skim through. The way it is organized is easy to read and easy to find what helpful hints your looking for in certain problems of writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Help! For Writers.

December 19, 2011 – Started Reading
December 19, 2011 – Shelved
December 19, 2011 –
page 87
28.62% "I'm actually really enjoying this book so far! You would think it would be a bit of a dull read, but it really isn't."
January 16, 2012 – Finished Reading