Ellen 's Reviews > Pure

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Dec 19, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, a-z-reading-challenge-2012
Read on March 17, 2012

Let me begin by saying Pure was freaking AWESOME!! I absolutely love Jennifer Armentrout and I think she should be considered a genre all her own. Jennifer is one of those authors that touches you deep within, stirring up all your emotions. I really loved Daimon and Half-Blood, and it gets even better in Pure, picking up where Half-Blood left off. Alex is back at the Covenant, destined to become the second Apollyn AKA Seth's other half. Aiden, a Pure Blood who Alex really loves is basically hands off because Pures and Half Bloods can't mix, thus the delima concerning need and fate. I loved the mix of Greek mythology, action, and romance in the story.

I love Alex's character, and Jennifer has written Pure from Alex's point of view in such a way that you feel like you are right there with her experiencing her pain, desire, heartache, laughter and tears. I really fell for Aiden in Half-Blood, and I still love him, but I think I am now "Team Seth," at least until I read Deity. It is hard to resist those hot bad boys. Seth was kind of a butt in Half Blood, but you get to see a whole different side of him in Pure. He is funny, he really cares for and takes care of Alex, and he is very, very hot. Alex and Seth have a very entertaining love-hate relationship and the chemistsry between them is through the roof. They are both funny, reckless, and hot-headed, though Aiden shows his temper a bit also.

Alex goes through some really heart-wrenching experiences, especially when she loses someone close to her. Seth and Aiden have some interesting moments also, and you get to see just how jealous they both are when it comes to Alex. There are some hot romantic scenes with Aiden, and really sizzling moments with Seth. I will say three words... famous. pool. scene. Trust me you will definitely want to read about that. There is also some heart-pumping action, intense fight scenes, and Aiden proves that he is so set apart from the other Pure Bloods. Pure is an excellent read, one you won't want to miss. I have added it to my read-again list, as well as to my favorites.

Here are a few quotes that I really enjoyed:

(Seth) "Now, I brought us a movie to watch, the one that has sparkly vampires in it. I thought you'd be down for that." (Alex) Uh, you're a Team Edward kind of guy?" He(Seth) snorted. "No. I'm Team James or Team Tyler's Van, but apparently neither of them won by the look of it. She's still alive."

(Alex)"If you weren't a pure, what would you be doing right now? Like, what would you want to do with your life?" Aiden glanced down at our hands and then his gaze flicked to mine. "Right this instant? I'd be doing a hell of a lot more than what I'm allowed to do."

His breath danced over my cheek, then my lips. "Angel, just let me kiss you." (I'm not telling who said that).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.