Lara (Bookish_turtle)'s Reviews > Perfect Harmony

Perfect Harmony by Emily Albright

My summary of book: YA, love triangle, cutesy, romance, cringe, cheese, cliche, angst and drama.

This book was not terrible, but definitely not what I expected or wanted.

I'm torn between two and three stars for the rating... I think I'll up it to three because Declan is so sweet? But overall this is maybe closer to two?? I'm not good at making stressful life decisions!!!!!

This is not what I was expecting from this novel.

It's so cheesy and cringe.

I was hoping for a book that was more focussed on music. The title, cover & blurb all made it sound so musical! And whilst they do play music, it was a minor story element I felt.

Also, LOVE TRIANGLE instant turn off. And there were actually like two or three overlapping ones and it was just generally horrible. Now that I've mentioned this love triangle, I'm realising I'm going with two stars.

But aside from the love triangle element, characters were good.

The writing bugged me. Pippa (MC) gets goosebumps every second page. LEGIT!! This is a minor gripe, but when I was reading THIS WAS A MAJOR ISSUE!! It completely disrupted the flow of the writing because it annoyed me so much. Haha, me, a drama queen???? NEVER?!

I mean, I now realise that this was mentioned a little in the blurb, but I was not prepared and I hate love triangles. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really wanted to love this, but it just wasn't for me.

Many thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for providing me with a review copy! All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Harmony.

August 10, 2018 – Started Reading