Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"'s Reviews > The Last Letter

The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros

18451976

bookshelves: strong-heroine, ugly-cry, favorite-book-boyfriend

4,5 “you'll need tissues” stars

“Sometimes bad things happen. And there’s no blame to be placed. You can’t reason with the universe, no matter how sound your logic is. And we can either breathe through the pain or we can let it shape us.

Emotional rollercoaster!

The kids were fantastic, Ella was an incredibly courageous mom, Beckett was just perfect (no way such devotion and dedication exist else where can I meet such fine male specimen?), Havoc was my doggy superstar and my box of tissues is now empty!

This was a very quick rundown of what my thoughts were while reading this beautiful and dramatic story.

Now let's give some meat to that review without spoiling your fun.

From the synopsis you've guessed that someone has asked Beckett to take care of Ella. That someone is her brother.
He told Beckett she would fight him even if she needed him.
Well Ella did. Fight him. And need him.

Because what Ella had to go through was the most awful things that could happen
And she went through it for months! And no woman or man should be alone to face that ordeal. Yet Ella did and she was so strong!
Anyone would have crumpled.
But not her.

And when Beckett wanted to help her she pushed him away. Because why bother relying on a man when they all left her right?

Yet Beckett was nothing if not persistent! He would have run through fire for Ella or the kids. In this story Beckett danced to Ella's tune.
He came second. Always.

And that’s why I was sometimes mad at Ella. Because as good as her reasons for mistrusting I still thought she was frozen in her resentment. Yet I knew she was simply still grieving all these losses. She was afraid to be hurt again. And she wanted to protect her kids.

But hey, what can I say?
I was team Beckett all along. And I hated to see him hurting
. That man who carried so much guilt. That man who had always been alone. That man who did not think he was loveable. That man who ...

Beckett was just fantastic and each time he protected and cared for the kids my heart just fell for him further. Gosh! So many time did it feel like my heart was caught in a vise when Beckett wanted acted like a dad to these fantastic and brave kids!

I don’t know you but I am a sucker for single parent stories. And when the kids are “done” just right, all cute, honest, blunt and brave I JUST MELT!!!!

“Is this what it feels like?” he whispered so quietly that I leaned down. “What it feels like?” I asked. “Having a dad?”

And don’t start me on the “graduation scene”!!! I cried in the train (yes once again) and did all that I could to hide my tears behind my semi long hair!!!!

This book teaches that you don’t need to be a soldier to be a warrior. Moms can be brave and spectacular.

Kids can be the bravest of superheroes.

Don’t read this expecting fluffy and light. Because it tells you that life can be a b*tch sometimes and there is no rhyme no reasons.

Recommend it? Absolutely if you are looking for gorgeous stories bashing your little heart again and again. If you hate angsty reads …abstain!

Thanks for reading!
Sophie

Find me on:
Wordpress: Beware Of The Reader
Facebook: Beware Of The Reader
Facebook group : Beware Book Boyfriends Alert
Instagram: @bewareofthereader
Twitter: @BewareOffReader

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Letter.

August 9, 2018 – Shelved
August 9, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
February 9, 2019 – Started Reading
February 9, 2019 – Shelved as: strong-heroine
February 9, 2019 – Shelved as: ugly-cry
February 9, 2019 – Shelved as: favorite-book-boyfriend
February 9, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review Sophie!💖😉

message 2: by KAS (new)

KAS Oh, Sophie, you have me so excited to read this one!! Wonderful review and thrilled you loved ;) 😘❤️

Melanie I’m so glad you enjoyed it. I’ll read your full review after I read my copy 😁

message 4: by NiCoLeTa E. (new) - added it

NiCoLeTa E. I need this book! Stunning review as always, my lovely! 😊❤️

message 5: by Dri (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dri ✰ Fab review, sweetie! Can't wait to read this one! 💖💋 xoxo

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• I finished this book a couple of days ago. Hard to put it into words, all I can say is MAJOR book hangover. Fantastic review, my darling!!! xox

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "I finished this book a couple of days ago. Hard to put it into words, all I can say is MAJOR book hangover. Fantastic review, my darling!!! xox"

Dri wrote: "Fab review, sweetie! Can't wait to read this one! 💖💋 xoxo"

NiCoLeTa E. wrote: "I need this book! Stunning review as always, my lovely! 😊❤️"

Melanie wrote: "I’m so glad you enjoyed it. I’ll read your full review after I read my copy 😁"

KAS wrote: "Oh, Sophie, you have me so excited to read this one!! Wonderful review and thrilled you loved ;) 😘❤️"

Kat wrote: "Excellent review Sophie!💖😉"
Thank you all ladies!!! And sorry for being so late replying to your comments!!!! xoxo

Melanie Wonderful and spoiler free review, Sophie. 😊 I finished this book last night, review to come but loved everything about this book, especially Beckett ❤️

message 9: by Malene (new)

Malene Great review, hon. Glad you enjoyed it.

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» FAB review, Sophie! I can't wait to read this one! Happy you loved it! :) xoxo