Kendall's Reviews > The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls

The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls by Anissa Gray

Happy pub day to this beautiful book :)

Anissa Gray brilliantly captures the true meaning of family. The darkness, the light, and what encompasses the bind as a family.

I truly was left a mess after finishing this book and was completely wowed by Anissa's talent as a writer. A remarkable, powerful, and hauntingly emotional debut about confronting a past that is dark, broken, and fragile.

The Butler's live in a world of dsyfunctionality to its core. Athlea, Proctor, Viola, Baby Vi, and Kim are struggling to survive the tragedy brought upon their family. As a reader, you feel the power, resistance, love, pain, and angst for this family. My goodness.... was I so rooting for this family and at times had so much anxiety for them.

This is one debut novel that is not to be missed my friends! This is definitely going to be a novel that is brightly shown on my book shelf!

Powerful, raw, beautiful, and inspiring!!!

5 stars!!!

Thank you to Berkley and Netgalley for the advanced arc in exchange for an honest review.

Publication date: 2/19/19
Published to Goodreads: 2/4/19

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls.

August 9, 2018 – Shelved
February 3, 2019 – Started Reading
February 3, 2019 –
February 4, 2019 –
page 191
63.25% "“Her voice catches and in its place is a silence so strained, I imagine it stretching out in the air, pulled from cell tower to cell tower into something brittle and fragile. Something breakable. Like everything about us.” 😢💔"
February 4, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)

Susanne  Strong Glad you are loving this Kendall! My heart hurt so many times reading it and yet I loved it so very much! Looking forward to your review!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Terrific review, Kendall! This one was an emotional read. So glad you loved this one too. ❤

Felicia Wonderful review, Kendall 💖 I'm anxious to see what she comes up with next.

Angela M Fantastic review, Kendall.so glad you loved it, good!

message 5: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Terrific review!

Marialyce Love seeing those five stars, Kendall!It was such an amazing story, by a brand spanking new author. So glad you loved it.

message 7: by KAS (new)

KAS Fabulous review, Kendall ;) So great this was a fantastic debut and you have a new author to enjoy reading!! 😊💜

Brandice Awesome review, Kendall! This was a great story, and I’ll definitely read more from Gray!

Deanna I'm glad you enjoyed it! Great review :)

JanB Great review Kendall, I have this one and I'm excited to read it :)

Holly  B Great review! Reading it now!

message 12: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Nice one, Kendall. I'm on the waitlist for this one.

Cheri Wonderful review, Kendall! I'm so happy that you loved this one, too!

Kendall Susanne- Yes! My heart definitely hurt too but was such a beautiful read!
MaryBeth- Yay glad you enjoyed it as well :).
Felicia- Me too! I bet it’s going to be amazing!
Angela- Yes was a definite goody!
Jayme- Thank you!
Marialyce- so hard to come by with new authors! :)
KAS- Yes me too! Thank you :)
Brandice- I look forward to her next book!
Deanna- Thank you!
Jan- I’ll be excited to hear your thoughts!!
Holly- Thank you!!
Jen- oh I hope you get it soon!
Cheri- It was a beautiful read!!

message 15: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Gipson Beautiful review Kendall! I’m so glad you enjoyed it! 💕

Lindsay - Traveling Sister So glad you loved Kendall! Fab review!

message 17: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Fantastic review, Kendall! 😊

message 18: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Wonderful review, Kendall! I can’t wait to read this!

Kendall Nicola- Thank you so much :)
Lindsay- Thank you!! :)
Michelle- It was a goodie thanks :)
Meredith- I hope you enjoy it as much as me :).

message 20: by Debra (new) - added it

Debra Fantastic review, Kendall! So happy you enjoyed it.

Kendall Thanks so much Debra :)

message 22: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Super review Kendall 💐

Kendall Thank you so much Miriam! :)

message 24: by Jaline (new) - added it

Jaline Fabulous review, Kendall, and I'm so glad you enjoyed this so much! I am looking forward to it! :)

message 25: by Dita (new)

Dita This sounds wonderful and your review is so heartfelt and compelling. Thank you!

Kendall Jaline- Yay I hope you enjoy it! I really did :).
Dita- Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did if you read it :).

message 27: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Great review, Kendall! Glad you loved it! 💖