Monaliz's Reviews > The Stubborn Dead

liked it
bookshelves: ebook, from-netgalley, 2012, read-2012
Read from April 24 to May 27, 2012

My rating: 3/5 stars
Read the review in my blog!

May contain some spoilers
This is one of those entertaining and actionfilled stories. But man, was it short! I didn't realize it until I was finished and expected to see what happens with Kit and Rachel (you know, some roooomance!), and OOPS!, it ended! Which was sad, since I was really getting into the story :/

And since it was so short, there really wasn't any time for any character development or even to get deeper with the plot. Which really was unfortunate, since I was finally getting some contact with Rachel.

There's few glimpses about Rachel's past and the world around her. We get to find out that she's part of The Order, and her mum is The Boss. And we get to meet Janus, a mob boss, and few of Rachel's clients.
But it still felt like the novella was only length of one chapter. The information we gather is pretty small amount and nothing drastic is really revealed. Though there is some mysteries that leaves you craving for more.

And yes, it left me definitely craving for more, since when I finally got into story, it ended. So hopefully the second part will be a whole book, since there really is potential with Rachel :)

My thanks to NetGalley and Carina Press!

Love,
Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stubborn Dead.