Taryn Elliott's Reviews > Beast Behaving Badly

Beast Behaving Badly by Shelly Laurenston

Dec 18, 2011

bookshelves: funny, snarky, steamy, recc

(4.5 stars)

The book started off a little rocky. There were just way too many characters going on. But that was partly my fault for going in on book 5. (Which I hardly ever do) I really liked the relationships between the prides and the off-kilter hybrid relationships. Blayne, the main female character, was a complete nut, but she had me laughing out loud more than once. And to see how she slowly brought Bo out of his funk and too-scheduled life and into her fun and zaniness was well worth the read.

The underlying suspense part of the book brought a lot of characters in and proved to be a little on the holy-crap-i'm-having-trouble-following-it end for me. And that's probably why I read this one a little slower than I usually do. There was a lot to assimilate, lots of couples to figure out, and lots of violence. None of it bothered me, but it did take a bit of re-reading to get everything straight.

The world-building was fun and the cast of characters makes me want to try other stories. Also the anti-hybrid issues are thought provoking and parallel what happens to anyone that's from a mixed race heritage. I will say that the series has little love for the 'full-humans' of the world and it very much is a shifter world in these books.

All in all, I truly enjoyed it.Looks like I'll be trying a few more of Mz. Laurenston's books in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beast Behaving Badly.

December 18, 2011 – Started Reading
December 18, 2011 – Shelved
December 19, 2011 –
page 134
35.36% "It was a bit of a rocky start but I'm really enjoying this"
December 19, 2011 – Shelved as: funny