Barbara Rogers's Reviews > The Duke's Scottish Lass

bookshelves: author-arc, iblog

Series: Brethren of Stone 0.5, Taming the Heart 0.5, World of de Wolfe Pack
Publication Date: 8/3/18

*** 3.5 Stars ***
The prologue is very exciting – ships, a child falling from a cliff, a best friend tumbling into the cold waters. It is also sad because the friend, Reginald, is someone I think we would all have liked to meet. Actually, I think we will meet him in the other books in the series because this book – while it is the first published in the series – is actually the last in the series timewise. So – now, when we read the other books and meet Reginald we will already know his fate.

Roderick Maddox, fourth Duke of Manchester’s best friend, Reginald Alban, has invited him to become part of his large, loving and boisterous family. Reginald wants Roderick to reform his rakish ways and to become betrothed to Reginald’s sister Delia. Delia is thirteen (almost fourteen) and so the wedding would have to wait for five years. Not only would Roderick have a wonderful family and a new bride, but he’d also be going into the shipping business with the Albans.

Delia Alban is the much-loved sister to the four Alban brothers – but Reginald is her favorite. Reginald dotes on his little sister and wants only the best for her. She’s a lovely young woman, spirited and intelligent and she manages to control her headstrong, boisterous older brothers with ease.

Our story begins five years after the prologue. Delia is now almost nineteen and blames herself for her brother Reginald’s death when she was just thirteen. She doesn’t remember much of anything about that day – just that it was her fault because she ran too close to the cliff edge and went over. She landed on a ledge – and when the cliffside gave way, she was rescued by a man in a boat but her brother Reginald plunged to his death in the cold, turbulent waters of the river.

Please check out my reviews at:
Blog: https://flippinpages.blog/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/flippinpages...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/FlippinPagesRev
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BarbBookReview

"I requested and received this e-book at no cost to me and volunteered to read it; my review is my honest opinion and given without any influence by the author or publisher."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duke's Scottish Lass.

August 8, 2018 – Started Reading