Jen Melham's Reviews > Pick Three: You Can Have It All

Pick Three by Randi Zuckerberg

it was ok

First off, I have to laugh at the fact that for someone who proclaims that she works very hard to have a life outside of her brother's fame, she sure TALKS about her brother a lot! At first I found it pretty relatable... but then it got boring.

As for the "Pick Three" concept, like others are saying, this could have been condensed in a series of blog posts or some other online forum (perhaps a Facebook live. ;-) ) I was sort of bothered that while she DID address how important sleep is, and that everyone should get enough, she never really got too deep into how to NOT make sleep one of your "pick 3" and still live healthfully.

That being said, sleep, and my job (so, "work") are non-negotiables for me. I will be creating categories outside of those two, and will still "pick 3" every day--I love the concept--but I'm not going to skimp out on sleep, ever. And I'm not going to say to myself on a Monday, "well, today isn't a "work" day so I think I'll just sit around and twiddle my thumbs instead of doing my job." (Yes, I know there's more to it than that, but she didn't really address it in the way I would have liked her to, so it was bothersome and unsettling.)

I want to say this was a life-changing way to look at organization, and I hope that by implementing the concept in my own way it will help, but I'm just pretty unimpressed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pick Three.

August 7, 2018 – Started Reading