Baba 's Reviews > Golden Trail

Dec 18, 2011

liked it
Read from December 19 to 23, 2011

33 likes ·

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Golden Trail.

12/18/2011
0.0% "Will start it tomorrow..."
12/19/2011
12.0% "...and then his world collapsed. It did this because Rocky's head twisted to look over her shoulder, her ponytail flying, and she smiled at him. Directly at him. Her eyes hitting his and her dimple hitting her cheek. He could kiss her, hold her in his arms, pin her to the wall ...So far so good! Like it!" 4 comments
12/20/2011
30.0% ""Hey, Mrs. Astley," a pack of girls called in unison, then one of them went on, "your boyfriend is hot." Then all of them burst out in giggles. "Thank you, Mariah, your opinion is noted," Rocky replied irately and Layne burst out laughing. When he was done, Rocky was close and she hissed at him, "Don't you have work to do?" It's really worthwhile so far! Actually, the whole "Burg" series is worthwhile." 19 comments
12/22/2011
39.0% ""Hot piece of ass in my bathroom wearin' nothin' but a sexy bra and a tight skirt after she spent the night pinnin' me down to the bed, I walk in on her, I'm gonna kiss her." He gave her ponytail a playful tug. "Just keepin' it real, sweetcheeks." I really liked it so far but it gets better and better and I'm lovin' it! :D :D :D"
12/22/2011
55.0% ""You nearly done?" he asked. "Nearly," she answered. "I was about to finish up." "Good," he muttered, pulled her hair away from her neck, kissed the skin there again and then looked at her. "I'm gonna go make coffee and secure the house. Meet you in the shower." Are you kidding me? Nearly done? I love this book but I'm waaaay behind. I know I'm such a slow escargot!"
12/23/2011
88.0% ""Twenty-four years, you asshole, twenty-four years, you left that festering in her head." "Boy, stand down," Devin ordered, his hand on Layne's back but Layne twitched his body, throwing off Devin's hand and he squeezed Merry's throat harder. "You knew," Layne clipped as Merry choked. "You knew that's why she left me. You knew that was torturing her. And you left her to that agony." Love this story & characters!"
12/24/2011
100.0% "Loved it! Full review to come..." 2 comments

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy You finished, another marathon book! Yay! Can't wait for your review ;)

Baba  Wendy wrote: "You finished, another marathon book! Yay! Can't wait for your review ;)"

LOL, Wendy! I will post a marathon review since I had to include so many, many quotes. I rated it 4 1/2 stars and rounded up to 5 stars. I tell you I'm in love with Layne's two sons. But overall I loved the whole story and the characters.

message 3: by Wendy (last edited Dec 26, 2011 12:14AM) (new)

Wendy Awesome, looking forward to reading your review, which might also be a marathon in length, hehe. ;)

KatLynne Love your review Baba and the wonderful quotes! I am such a Kristen Ashley fan b/c of you:-) Are the heroes in this series as gorgeous and alpha as the ones in her Colorada Mtn?

Baba  KatLynne wrote: "Love your review Baba and the wonderful quotes! I am such a Kristen Ashley fan b/c of you:-) Are the heroes in this series as gorgeous and alpha as the ones in her Colorada Mtn?"

Thank you, KatLynne! I think you'd like Golden Trail. Give it a go!! On the one hand, I have to say that nothing beats Sweet Dreams and Tate. Then again, Kristen always writes such scrumptious heroes and I can't help it, I just have to love them! Would you like me to give you a ranking?
1. Sweet Dreams, Tate
2. Lady Luck, Ty
3. Golden Trail, Layne
4. For You, Colt
5. At Peace, Cal (Joe)

Naturally, this could change in the future, though. :D

message 6: by Jill (last edited Dec 26, 2011 11:42AM) (new)

Jill Fantastic review Baba. Loved the ranking you've done as well. I may use that if I end up enjoying SD and continue to read KA.

Baba  Jill wrote: "Fantastic review Baba. Loved the ranking you've done as well. I may use that if I end up enjoying SD and continue to read KA."

Thanks, Jill! Hope it's helping to choose the "right" books. LOL

Baba  Ladies, about the ranking...the chronological order fits for both - the books AND the heroes!! That's quite amazing.

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Fantastic review Baba! Looking forward to reading this one too.

Baba  Wendy wrote: "Fantastic review Baba! Looking forward to reading this one too."

Thanks, Wendy! I think you're going to love it. *fingers crossed and all*

message 11: by Taryn (new) - added it

Taryn What genre is this, Barbara?

message 12: by Baba (last edited Dec 27, 2011 10:04AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Baba  Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "What genre is this, Barbara?"

It's romantic suspense, Taryn. But I'd say it's still more of a love story than suspense. There is just a bit more of suspense in Golden Trail than in For You or At Peace.

Baba  @Taryn
I forgot to tell you something. It's about rekindled love! :))

KatLynne Thanks for the ranking list Baba!! Just finished Lady Luck and while I loved Ty, Sweet Dreams with Tate is still my fav!

Baba  KatLynne wrote: "Thanks for the ranking list Baba!! Just finished Lady Luck and while I loved Ty, Sweet Dreams with Tate is still my fav!"

You're welcome, KatLynne. We think alike. :)

message 16: by Taryn (new) - added it

Taryn Baba wrote: "@Taryn
I forgot to tell you something. It's about rekindled love! :))"

OMG!!! Yeah! Thanks for telling me!

Baba  Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Baba wrote: "@Taryn
I forgot to tell you something. It's about rekindled love! :))"

OMG!!! Yeah! Thanks for telling me!"

You're welcome, Taryn.

Kristen Wow! The synopsis for this story was very confusing, but after reading your review I understand the basic plot now. Looks like a good book.

Baba  Kristen wrote: "Wow! The synopsis for this story was very confusing, but after reading your review I understand the basic plot now. Looks like a good book."

Kristen, I'm sorry to confuse you. I think I'm gonna delete the first part of my synopsis. Since I've read the story I didn't have a problem to understand it - stupid me! LOL I'm sorry.
And yes, it's another wonderful story and certainly very worthwhile! :)

message 20: by Kristen (last edited Jan 06, 2012 09:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen Baba wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Wow! The synopsis for this story was very confusing, but after reading your review I understand the basic plot now. Looks like a good book."

Kristen, I'm sorry to confuse you. I th..."

No. You misunderstood or I explained it wrong. Lol. Your review synopsis made sense. It's the book's synopsis that was confusing. I understood the basic plot from your synopsis. Hope that makes sense. Now, if you wrote the book synopsis, then, yes, it's was confusing.

Baba  Kristen wrote: "Baba wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Wow! The synopsis for this story was very confusing, but after reading your review I understand the basic plot now. Looks like a good book."

Kristen, I'm sorry to conf..."

LOL, obviously I misunderstood, Kristen! Nevermind! I "killed" my first paragraph but I think it's no big deal. :))

Kristen Baba wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Baba wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Wow! The synopsis for this story was very confusing, but after reading your review I understand the basic plot now. Looks like a good book."

Kristen, I..."

Oh no! I feel so bad. I'm so sorry, Baba. :(

Baba  Kristen wrote: "Baba wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Baba wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Wow! The synopsis for this story was very confusing, but after reading your review I understand the basic plot now. Looks like a good book...."

No, please, Kristen, do not feel bad! No worries, I swear! You make me smile - seriously, this is no big deal!

Nikki Great review, Baba, it's really got me interested in giving this one a go. The other 2 book blurbs didn't really grab me but this one does I think because of the fact that Layne and Rocky have the two sons together... does that sound strange? :)

I really ADORED how KA wrote Jonas in Sweet Dreams, she did such a brilliant job, and I'd like to see how she incorporates the boys in this one.

I know in your review you said that it can be read as a standalone... would I miss much from skipping the first 2?

Baba  Nikki wrote: "Great review, Baba, it's really got me interested in giving this one a go. The other 2 book blurbs didn't really grab me but this one does I think because of the fact that Layne and Rocky have the ..."

Thank you, Nikki! That's what I really loved about this story: the very cool dad with his two sons. The dialogs were cool, too! And you got it wrong. Rocky is not their mom. Layne was married and you will meet his ex during the story. There were some memorable scenes...
You can definitely read Golden Trail as a stand-alone, Nikki. You won't miss much. Happy reading!

Nikki Oh really?? I don't know what made me think that Layne's sons were Rocky's... I must have read the blurb wrong. :)

Splage Great review, I just finished this one. Do you know what and who the next book in the series is about? So glad to hear it is continuing.

Baba  Splage wrote: "Great review, I just finished this one. Do you know what and who the next book in the series is about? So glad to hear it is continuing."

Thanks, Splage! Yes, I know who's next. KA is writing Mike Haines story. I think it'll be released this summer. I'm not sure about the release date though.

Splage I know he was mentioned in this book, but I don't remember him really. I think he was in For You, right - a cop he is separated from his wife?

Baba  Splage wrote: "I know he was mentioned in this book, but I don't remember him really. I think he was in For You, right - a cop he is separated from his wife?"

Yes, he's a cop and he messed around with Violet (At Peace)...They got me all worked up! But of course I am so there to read his story as well. :)

Splage Oh yeah!! I loved him, I actually rooted for him for awhile instead of Cal. Thanks for the refresher.

Baba  Splage wrote: "Oh yeah!! I loved him, I actually rooted for him for awhile instead of Cal. Thanks for the refresher."

You're very welcome, Splage! Oh, I didn't root for him though! LOL Anyway, I think we both are looking forward to reading his story.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Great review, Baba. I really enjoyed this book, even though I'm not sure I ever "fell" for Rocky. But I adored Layne and Jas, Tripp, and the rest of the cast.

Baba  UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Great review, Baba. I really enjoyed this book, even though I'm not sure I ever "fell" for Rocky. But I adored Layne and Jas, Tripp, and the rest of the cast."

Thanks, Dhes! Yes, loved the boys and Layne! :)

Shawna Awesome review, Baba! I love that you include such great quotes and scenes!

Baba  Shawna wrote: "Awesome review, Baba! I love that you include such great quotes and scenes!"

Thank you, Shawna! There are always so many wonderful quotes/scenes - it makes it hard to choose the best. :-)

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* Amazing Review, Baba!! I love all of your quotes and scenes!!

Baba  Jamie wrote: "Amazing Review, Baba!! I love all of your quotes and scenes!!"

Thank you, Jamie. I loved the boys and Layne. :)

message 39: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Baba--your review of GOLDEN TRAIL is wonderful--I'm just now looking at the different reviews and am surprised at how varied they are--your quotes are great!

Baba  Joy wrote: "Baba--your review of GOLDEN TRAIL is wonderful--I'm just now looking at the different reviews and am surprised at how varied they are--your quotes are great!"

Thanks, Joy. I loved a lot about this book but I know that many are not very fond of it. We can't all love the same books. :))

message 41: by Fil (last edited Aug 20, 2013 05:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fil Great Review! Now, I need a re-read of this series!

Baba  Fil wrote: "Great Review! Now, I need a re-read of this series!"

Thanks, Fil. Hope you enjoy your re-read!

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Lovely review Baba <3 I must read this series soon!! :))

Baba  Pavlina loves Derek ❤❤ wrote: "Lovely review Baba <3 I must read this series soon!! :))"

I just realized that I put the old reviews through the feed. Sorry. I only wanted to change my rating. I will remove them from the feed now. Geez...sorry.
Thanks, Pavlina. <3