Rachel's Reviews > Asshole No More; The Original Self-Help Guide for Recovering Assholes and Their Victims

Asshole No More; The Original Self-Help Guide for Recovering ... by Xavier Crement

Jun 18, 2008

did not like it

Truly dreadful book. There was a reason there were no reviews on the book - probably no critic had anything positive to say about it. It was a mildly amusing premise but somewhat cliched - a parody of one of the most famous self-help books of all time. But the author doesn't sound like a recovering asshole - he sounds like he's stil very much an asshole. This guy claims to be a doctor, though I don't know if I even believe a word of what he says.He claims he used to be a proctologist, and he makes all sorts of stupid and vulgar jokes about this. I couldn't even finish this book because of one very disturbing scene in which the author shows a bratty, out-of-control young boy how he needs to stop being an asshole, and supposedly gets him to start behaving. I won't go into details, but if the story the author tells about his session with the child is true, he not only should have his license as a doctor revoked, he should be in jail. This book should not be called "Asshole no more," it should be called, "I am such an asshole - don't waste your time reading my godawful, ridiculous book." I hope there will be no Volume 2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Asshole No More; The Original Self-Help Guide for Recovering Assholes and Their Victims.

Started Reading
December 1, 2007 – Finished Reading
June 18, 2008 – Shelved

message 1: by Hosein (new)

Hosein thanks alot
i just sign up to thank for your bright review.

these book just was awful.

من نمیدونم ایرانیا چطوری اینو میپرستن واقعا کتاب داغونیه

message 2: by Mitrix (new) - added it

Mitrix I truly agree with you. To start with, like many other knowhow books, the title is banal, and his arguments are feeble. They do not follow any method, even if I was not expecting a philosophical system of thought out of it. His is a flat subjective and very boring point of view. So no thanks :)