Blue's Reviews > The Wicked King

The Wicked King by Holly Black

bookshelves: can-t-live-without-them, owlcrate

The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black
What can i say about this book ?
I loved every page, but you know, i always love every page with Holly Black. She is definitly the queen of them all.

I only realised i missed them when i started reading it again. Jude, and her sass. Cardan and his... Well, i do not really know what to say about him. All book long, he seems to have absolutly no interest in anything. But as always, nothing is what is seems with Holly Black.

I will not say more about the intrigue, because it would end up with me telling you everything about it. Like, rewriting the book to tell you how perfect it is.

In the end, i was torn apart. For real. I finished reading, then i close the book, looked at my wall for ten minits. And i reread the last chapter. Then, i closed the book again and said things a lady should not say. For real. I swore everything i could imagine.
then, i re-re-read the last chapter, and all i could say was "it is perfectly logical." As in, for real. this is the most perfect ending we could hope for. The evolution of the characters is perfectly logical, and everything fits perfectly. And, well. With holly black, no more happy endings, right ?

It is, so far, my favorite book of the year, and i hope it will stay this way. I really want the last book of the trilogie to see what happens. Waiting a whole year is really so cruel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wicked King.

August 7, 2018 – Shelved