Charity's Reviews > The Long-Lost Home

The Long-Lost Home by Maryrose Wood

My children and I found this an enjoyable read, but they were a little disappointed. They said that the characters didn't act like themselves, and I can see their point. There are some drastic and abrupt personality changes here and some characters that get left behind rather unceremoniously.

Our blah reaction might be in part a result of Katherine Kellgren's absence as narrator. We started listening to the audiobook narrated by Fiona Hardingham, but after two chapters, we returned the audiobook and purchased the hardcover instead. While we might have found it delightful if Hardingham had been the narrator for the other five books, we missed Kellgren so much that we opted read this one aloud together rather than listen to the audio version. The read-aloud was fun, but all of those voices hurt my throat, and my children are unforgiving critics of my Russian accent. I have neither solicited nor received feedback about my performance from the neighbors who got to hear me reading through our open windows.

Flaws aside, this was a good cap for the series, and I am glad we finally got closure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Long-Lost Home.

August 3, 2018 – Started Reading