James's Reviews > Goodnight Moon

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

bookshelves: 1-fiction, 2-fic-childrens, 9-read-2018-08-august

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown is one of the books that followers of my blog voted as a must-read for our Children's Book August 2018 Readathon. Come check it out and join the next few weeks!

This picture book was such a delight. I hadn't remembered reading it when I was a child, but it might have been read to me... either way, it was like a whole new experience! It's always so difficult to convince a child to fall asleep at night. I don't have kids, but I do have a 5-month-old puppy who whines for 5 minutes every night when he goes in his cage/crate (hopefully he'll be fully housebroken soon so he can roam around when he wants). I can only imagine! I babysat a lot as a teenager and I have tons of younger cousins, nieces, and nephews, so I've been through it before, too. This was a believable experience, and it really helps show kids how to relax and just let go when it's time to sleep.

The bunny's are adorable. The rhymes are exquisite. I found it pretty fun, but possibly a little dated given many of those things aren't normal routines anymore. But the lessons to take from it are still powerful. Loved it! I want to sample some more books by this fine author and her illustrators.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goodnight Moon.

August 7, 2018 – Shelved
August 7, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
August 7, 2018 – Shelved as: 1-fiction
August 7, 2018 – Shelved as: 2-fic-childrens
August 8, 2018 – Started Reading
August 8, 2018 – Shelved as: 9-read-2018-08-august
August 8, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) raised four daughters and four grandchildren on this book, love it!

James It’s adorable! So fun. Thanks for stopping by.

message 3: by Celia (new) - added it

Celia Gave this book to my granddaughter without knowing much. Gald you endorse it!!

James It’s good to help figure out bedtime settles!struggles. Review coming tomorrow!

James Join the fun on our Children's Readathon this month! https://thisismytruthnow.com

Vickie This was read every night for 3 or so years to my daughter. Sometimes a couple of times a night. This and Sandra Boynton's books were always on the stacks. Keeper shelf.

James Vickie wrote: "This was read every night for 3 or so years to my daughter. Sometimes a couple of times a night. This and Sandra Boynton's books were always on the stacks. Keeper shelf." Thx for sharing. A few times per night? I totally understand!

Chloe I loved this book too when I was little!

James :)