Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru's Reviews > Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

This was absolutely wonderful to read. I loved it all the way through. Karou and Akiva are wonderful. I love Zuzana. The chimaera that were Karou's family are also great characters.

The world building was really vivid and consistent throughout the book. The story unfolded at a really good pace and we weren't left hanging with any gaping loose ends. The ending sets up for the next book nicely. Ah, that was so much happiness and then so much sadness. What will she do now? What will he do now?

There's so much that can be said about this book and I don't even know what to say. Just that I want the next book in the series like right now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

Quotes Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Liked

Laini Taylor
“Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love.

It did not end well.”
Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Laini Taylor
“I don't know many rules to live by,' he'd said. 'But here's one. It's simple. Don't put anything unnecessary into yourself. No poisons or chemicals, no fumes or smoke or alcohol, no sharp objects, no inessential needles--drug or tattoo--and...no inessential penises either.'

'Inessential penises?' Karou had repeated, delighted with the phrase in spite of her grief. 'Is there any such thing as an essential one?'

'When an essential one comes along, you'll know,' he'd replied.”
Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke & Bone