Susanne Strong's Reviews > After Nightfall

After Nightfall by A.J. Banner

liked it
bookshelves: buddy-read, netgalley

3.25 Stars* (rounded down)

Marissa couldn’t be happier - she has finally found the man of her dreams: Nathan, a single dad to Anna, and an EMT. Kind, caring and loving - he is everything she has been looking for. If only Marissa’s former best friend Lauren didn’t ruin their engagement party by all out flirting with her fiancé, it’s so embarrassing! Especially with Lauren’s husband Jasper watching. Lauren has some nerve! When Marissa and Nathan announce their engagement, Lauren panics, dashing out - yet before she leaves she informs Marissa that she must tell her something important .. about Nathan. Later that night however - and before Lauren has the chance to talk to her former bestie, the unthinkable happens, Lauren’s body surfaces on the cliffs outside her beachfront home. Coincidence? Time will tell.

Marissa is devastated by Lauren’s death as they had neglected to heal the rift that tore their friendship apart years prior. Now Marissa feels that it is her mission to find Lauren’s murderer, with or without the Police Department’s help. Little does Marissa know that honesty is not everyone’s best or favorite policy. Once she finds this out, tension mounts.

“After Nightfall” is a fast-paced, enjoyable read that felt a bit more like a YA novel than an adult mystery / suspense to me. It was however, an entertaining book that kept me engrossed up till the very end.

This was a buddy read with Kaceey!

Thank you to NetGalley, Lake Union Publishing and A.J. Banner for an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Published on NetGalley and Goodreads on 8.21.18.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After Nightfall.

August 5, 2018 – Shelved
August 5, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
August 17, 2018 – Started Reading
August 17, 2018 – Shelved as: buddy-read
August 17, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
August 17, 2018 –
August 19, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)

Babydimps (Suzy) Awesome review Susanne! Wish it could’ve been a 5 ⭐️ for you!

Susanne  Strong Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Awesome review Susanne! Wish it could’ve been a 5 ⭐️ for you!"

Thanks Suzy!

message 3: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Fantastic review, Susanne!

Erin Clemence Well said, Susanne! I expected more from this novel too but it still left me entertained!

Susanne  Strong Sheri wrote: "Fantastic review, Susanne!"

Thanks Sheri!

Susanne  Strong Erin wrote: "Well said, Susanne! I expected more from this novel too but it still left me entertained!"

Thanks Erin! Glad it wasn't just me. :) Nice to hear that you were also entertained by it as well!

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather Great review Susanne! I hope your next one is 5 stars!

Susanne  Strong Heather wrote: "Great review Susanne! I hope your next one is 5 stars!"

Thanks Heather!

Debra Great review Susanne!

message 10: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Very nice review Susanne 👏🏻

message 11: by Ali (new)

Ali Really good review, Susanne! might check this book out.

Marialyce Might give this one a pass. Great review, Susanne!

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Sorry it wasn’t a total winner, Susanne. Great review!

Jaline - (on partial hiatus) Terrific review, Susanne! This is on my wishlist but that might change. :)

Holly  B Hope your next is a winner!

message 16: by KAS (new)

KAS Glad this one entertained, Susanne! Fantastic review ;) XoXo

Norma * Traveling Sister Great review, Susanne! 💕

message 18: by Paula (new)

Paula Kalin Terrific review, Susanne!

message 19: by JanB (new)

JanB Nice review Susanne, if it sounds YA I think I’ll skip!

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Great review, Susanne! :-)

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Wonderful review, Sus! Happy you found it entertaining!

Susanne  Strong Debra wrote: "Great review Susanne!"

Thanks Debra! Glad you liked this too!

Susanne  Strong Maureen wrote: "Very nice review Susanne 👏🏻"

Thanks Maureen!

Susanne  Strong Ali wrote: "Really good review, Susanne! might check this book out."

Thanks Ali!

Susanne  Strong Melissa wrote: "Sorry it wasn’t a total winner, Susanne. Great review!"

Thanks Marialyce!

Thanks Melissa!

Susanne  Strong Jaline wrote: "Terrific review, Susanne! This is on my wishlist but that might change. :)"

Thanks Jaline!

Susanne  Strong Holly wrote: "Hope your next is a winner!"

Thanks Holly!

Susanne  Strong KAS wrote: "Glad this one entertained, Susanne! Fantastic review ;) XoXo"

Thanks KAS!! XoXo to you too! :)

Susanne  Strong Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Great review, Susanne! 💕"

Thank you Ms. Norma!

Susanne  Strong Paula wrote: "Terrific review, Susanne!"

Thanks Paula!

Susanne  Strong JanB wrote: "Nice review Susanne, if it sounds YA I think I’ll skip!"

Thanks Jan! Good decision!

Susanne  Strong Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister wrote: "Great review, Susanne! :-)"

Thanks Kris!

Susanne  Strong Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Wonderful review, Sus! Happy you found it entertaining!"

Thanks so much Jennifer! :)

message 35: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Wonderful review, Susanne! Glad it held your interest till the end!

message 36: by Victoria (new)

Victoria I've had quite a few of these of late, entertaining, but nothing to really recommend. But, hey, sometimes we just need to be lulled. Great review...as always!

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books Great review, Susanne! I hadn't thought about this feeling YA, but you are absolutely right! That is a fantastic call out :)

Susanne  Strong Nazanin wrote: "Wonderful review, Susanne! Glad it held your interest till the end!"

Thanks Nazanin!

Susanne  Strong Victoria wrote: "I've had quite a few of these of late, entertaining, but nothing to really recommend. But, hey, sometimes we just need to be lulled. Great review...as always!"

Great way to describe it Victoria!!

Susanne  Strong Mackenzie - Traveling Sister wrote: "Great review, Susanne! I hadn't thought about this feeling YA, but you are absolutely right! That is a fantastic call out :)"

Thanks Kenzie!

message 41: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Terrific review Susanne! ;)

Susanne  Strong Tammy wrote: "Terrific review Susanne! ;)"

Thanks Tammy!