Cecilia's Reviews > As the Tide Comes In

As the Tide Comes In by Cindy Woodsmall

Read 2 times

In As the Tide Comes In, Cindy Woodsmall’s newest novel she co-authors with Erin Woodsmall, we meet Tara Abbott. Tara’s life has been full of heartache and loss growing up in the foster system in North Carolina. When she has a bright future ahead of her, the 18-year-old makes a life changing decision that changes the course of her future.
Flash forward, 12 years and tragedy strikes again, this time taking away the two people that means the most to her in all the world. Recovering from a brain injury, Tara decides to take the trip that her family had planned. The trip lands her on St. Simons Island in Georgia and things just get more interesting from there.
In this novel, the reader is taken on Tara’s journey of loss and grief and sees firsthand the effects that it has on her. I loved the concept of being love’s vessel and spreading God’s love on earth. Tara was a picture-perfect example of being a love vessel and it was great to see how her journey brought her full circle in the end.
There is several characters in the book and their stories intertwine with Tara’s, but in the end the message was beautiful and it defiantly gives the reader something to strive towards – spreading God’s love to others.

I received a copy of this novel from netgalley.com and WaterBrook & Multnomah in return for my honest review.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As the Tide Comes In.

Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
Finished Reading
August 5, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
August 5, 2018 – Shelved