Cristina | CristiinaReads's Reviews > Ruthless King

Ruthless King by Maya Hughes

bookshelves: arc-books, favorites

➳A second chance romance that has passion involved with history that is filled with emotions that are so in depth with each character, once you read their love story there is no going back...

➳There is no denying that my love for Maya's writing is one that will diminish any time soon. When it comes down to sports romances I am weak in knees because the fact is that I love me a good rugged guy who properly knows how to work it in the field (or ice rink in this case) and also knows how to properly function in the sheets. Emmett is no exception when it comes down to my previous statement. Man! He seriously knows how to bring the sweats to you down my face whenever I read his intimate scenes with Avery. The sparks and all the fiery chemistry that they both had in high school when they first started dating, is one that sparked more after so many years apart and not knowing the truth. That built up and pent up energy that sparks from them both is one that as a true sports romance reader enjoys thoroughly in every aspect.

➳If you have read the first novel of this series, you will know the background story that is of Emmett and Avery's. After being apart for four years, and finally seeing each other for a long time during a summer vacation, Avery and Em have to first learn how to be in each other's presence for the sake of their mutual friends. After two weeks of being near each other and their friends, Em and Ave learn that their chemistry is one that has not diminished even after being so many years apart from each other. Even though Emmett considers her as his enemy, Avery knows the truth about what happened so many years ago, but Em is not one who has had the time to listen to her side of the story;
"Avery Davis had dismantled me and left me as a shell. Even knowing the pain she'd caused, every night I closed my eyes, it was her I dreamed about..."

➳Once they are finally together, Emmett and Avery have to also learn how to trust each other once again. Because though that physical attraction is there, their emotions run through every corner of insecurities when it comes down to trusting one another and opening up once again to learn and want to know each other's secrets. Once the walls are down and broken, the passion that Em and Ave have is one that I haven't read in such a long time, making this novel one of my favorites from this year and one that will have every single one of you wanting more of the Rittenhouse Kings.

➳Overall, Maya Hughes has once again stolen my heart with her writing. Once you enter the world of the Kings, there is no turning back because you will instantly be drawn for more of their stories. For sure, in this story amongst the previous ones, we get to see characters in which we fall in love with. Maya has made it certain that she will continue this series and my hands are already itching for Ford's and Olivia's story filled with the forbidden in a relationship. Something that I have always been drawn to. I know I am not the only one so I just have one more thing to say, Maya... HURRY UP!

➳ARC kindly provided by Maya in exchange for an honest review...

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruthless King.

August 5, 2018 – Shelved
August 5, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
December 15, 2018 – Started Reading
December 15, 2018 – Shelved as: arc-books
December 16, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
December 16, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)

message 1: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ Have fun, hun! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Steffi wrote: "Have fun, hun! xoxo"

Thank you sweets! xoxo

Jessica | Booked J AHH THIS SOUNDS SO FUN. I need to read this series ASAP.

message 4: by Dri (new)

Dri ✰ Fab review, darling! 💖💋 xoxo

message 5: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Terrific Review Cristina :)

Svetoslav Budinov .
ppofffaseeepquyqR

message 7: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Lovely review Cristina! :) x

Cristina | CristiinaReads Jessica | Booked J wrote: "AHH THIS SOUNDS SO FUN. I need to read this series ASAP."

I recommend you get on this series as soon as you can because it is one that you never want to miss out on, LOVE IT SO MUCH! Especially this book! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Dri wrote: "Fab review, darling! 💖💋 xoxo"

Thank you boo, keeping my fingers crossed that you get to read it as well once it releases ;) xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Eyvette wrote: "Terrific Review Cristina :)"

Thanks a bunch E! LOVE YOUUUUU! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Svetoslav Budinov wrote: ".
ppofffaseeepquyqR"

Rather confused but okay... ?

Cristina | CristiinaReads Aisling Zena wrote: "Lovely review Cristina! :) x"

Thanks boo, always the sweetest! xoxo

message 13: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ Terrific review, sweetie!! xoxo

Cristina | CristiinaReads Steffi wrote: "Terrific review, sweetie!! xoxo"

MELISSA *Mel Reader* Fabulous review Cristina! 💗

Cristina | CristiinaReads MELISSA *Mel Reader* wrote: "Fabulous review Cristina! 💗"

Thank you so much Melissa! xoxo

Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic Love your review. Love second chance romance also! :) This will be on my TBR now.

Cristina | CristiinaReads Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic wrote: "Love your review. Love second chance romance also! :) This will be on my TBR now."

Thank you so much Nancy! Loved everything about this novel, hopefully you do as well because it was just too beautiful! xoxo

kookyquinn I *loved* this book!

Cristina | CristiinaReads kookyquinn wrote: "I *loved* this book!"

Everything about this novel is just way too good to be true! xoxo

message 21: by Heather (new)

Heather C Fab review! Now I want to read it!

Cristina | CristiinaReads Heather wrote: "Fab review! Now I want to read it!"