Bridget Bowers's Reviews > Sand

Dec 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: contempary-romance, romance, romantic-suspense
Read from December 17 to 28, 2011

I was very excited to finally dive into Sand by Lili Tufel. I'd heard a lot of good things about it. From the opening page, I was sucked into the story. I can't hardly resist men in uniform. Following a pair of soldiers into the heat of battle was thrilling and the action was exciting enough and believable.

Once we brought the story back to the home front things started to unravel a bit for me. Abby and Jasmine weren't fleshed out enough, and it seemed as if the action happened with little preparation and very little explanation.

My biggest issue was the baseball references that were incorrect. You don't steal first base and little league games at Samantha's age doesn't allow stealing of bases. I'm a big sports fan so those little details bothered me more than I'm sure it might others.

As for the rest of the story, I kept turning the pages to find out what would happen next. I cared enough about the characters that I wanted to know what would happen to them. However, after the wedding it seemed as if the flow of the book changed and it felt as if I was reading a different story. Brian's character changed and I felt the relationship between Javi, Brian and the colonel seemed to overshadow the plot.

It was a fun read. I'm curious about the sequel after the questions that were left hanging at the end, I'm hoping that the second book will help tie up all the loose ends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sand.