Jasmyn's Reviews > Cowboy SEAL Christmas

Cowboy SEAL Christmas by Nicole Helm

bookshelves: ebook, kindle, netgalley, adult, contemporary-romance, holiday

I had not previously read any books in the Navy SEAL Cowboy series, but I think I may need to go pick them up ASAP. The men and women of Revival Ranch are a close-knit group of friends that have become family. But Gabe Cortez holds himself apart emotionally. He has never really let anyone get close, and he doesn't plan on letting the first one to do so be the ranch's therapist Monica Finley.

Monica and Gabe's relationship was incredibly emotional. Both had to let go of things in their past in order to open their hearts. But it isn't easy, and there is Monica's son, Colin, to factor into any relationship equation as well. I really enjoyed how Gabe opened up to Colin and became a part of his life - long before he actually opened up to Monica.

I'm not always a fan of the "snowed in and we fell in love" scene, but these two were in love long before they got snowed in. Nature just forced to the face it - and it didn't go exactly as nature planned. But that's how life is, and this is a romance that wasn't all happy sunshine. There were some not-so-happy moments that really gave the characters depth.

I know this happened over the holidays and all, but it seemed like the ranch wasn't doing what it was built to do. There were no guests or patients, and the only people you really got to see were the staff members (which I'm assuming were couples from the previous books). While they were great characters and a good driving force to help push these two reluctant lovers together, I wonder how and when they manage to help service members when no one seems to be there for it.

*I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of this book*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboy SEAL Christmas.

August 5, 2018 – Started Reading