Lady Jaye's Reviews > Ill Wind

Ill Wind by Rachel Caine

My introduction to the Weather Warden series and Rachel Caine is not the best as new-to-me authors and series go.

Joanne is a Weather Warden on the run from the Association of Weather Wardens. Her only hope of staying alive lies with Lewis, a weather warden who disappeared some years ago. So to preserve her life, she hits the road to search for him, all the while trying to stay one step ahead of the Weather Wardens Association, because if they catch her before she gets to Lewis, she is toast.

The mythology of the world didn't catch me. Are the Weather Wardens a secret organization? No, it doesn't seem so, but normal people don't know about them.... the weather is out to get humans? Aetheric realms? Oversight? I don't know. It all seemed quite haphazard to me.

And then there was that I felt mostly indifference to mild dislike for Joanne and complete indifference toward every other character. It wasn't a bad book. It just didn't appeal to me.

I might continue on with this series, or I might not (leaning more towards the 'might not' side right now), but I think I will definitely search out a couple of other works by Rachel Caine to see if I can get another feel for her writing.

Not recommended, but then, not un-recommended either. You'd have to make your own mind up for this one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ill Wind.

December 17, 2011 – Shelved
January 15, 2012 –
page 88
January 17, 2012 –
page 99
23.91% "Chapter 1 alone is 82 pages!"
January 23, 2012 – Shelved as: read-in-2012