Marti's Reviews > Abandoned

Abandoned by Allison Brennan

Abandoned by Allison Brennan was a read that held my attention with every twist and turn the book took. The mystery and the suspense were well written and I felt I had to find out what would happen. Books that are suspenseful and have interesting characters are almost always favorites of mine to read. This is the fifth book in the series, but I have not read any previously and found the book and the main character fascinating.

Max Revere had a childhood unlike many. She was abandoned by her mother at her grandmother’s house. She was brought up with wealth and privilege but always thought her mother would come back for her. Max’s obsession (well and it is the way she makes a living) with cold cases has finally brought her to finding out what happened to her mother. She goes on vacation to the small town on the Chesapeake Bay where her mother’s car was left and she disappeared.

The story takes many twists and turns, some anticipated and some not. I liked how the story unfolded and the addition of the hot FBI guy (drool) for Max. I think this is a new series for me to follow as Max continues on her journey. Abandoned by Allison Brennan was a good read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abandoned.

August 3, 2018 – Shelved