Dave Milbrandt's Reviews > Delayed Justice

Delayed Justice by Cara C. Putman

I received a complimentary copy of this book for an honest review of its merits.

In Delayed Justice, Cara Putman provides a well-executed, fast-paced legal thriller that is engaging and nicely balanced. Telling a faith-based story can often fall into the trap of being preachy or unrealistic. To be fair there is a bit of wish fulfillment here from my perspective, as Jamie and Chandler are just a little too good looking, but don't we read to be drawn in my characters we wish we were like (besides, the main character in my books always looked better than I do).

And with a less talented writer, the intertwining of "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" would have been much more contrived, but Cara handled it well.

One of the best selling points of this book is that it deals with an powerful issue (childhood sexual abuse) in a way that was more concerned with the intense emotions rather than the graphic details. While it is clearly is seeking to appeal to its core audience, the blow-by-blow account isn't necessary because this is a tale of recovery and redemption, not of the attacks themselves.

I have not read the other books in this series, but I want to know because of the excellent work Putnam did with this story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delayed Justice.

August 3, 2018 – Started Reading
August 3, 2018 – Shelved
August 3, 2018 –
August 4, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Cara Putman Dave,
Thank you so much for the thoughtful review. I can tell you get the story!