Igor Stojanov's Reviews > The Code of the Extraordinary Mind: 10 Unconventional Laws to Redefine Your Life and Succeed On Your Own Terms

The Code of the Extraordinary Mind by Vishen Lakhiani

The author of the book tries to rationally explain the need for spirituality. He starts by letting us question the culture under which we live. Each culture imposes a certain set of beliefs on us, some of them beneficial and some not. We rarely question these beliefs (brules), so most of us live a basic existence as prescribed by our culture. We go to school, get a career, get married, have kids and retire.

The premise of this book is that the extraordinary minds don't follow these brules, but rather they disrupt them. They disrupt them by following their intuition and their own quest and life mission. Vishen claims that everyone can become an extraordinary mind. To awaken your mind you need to understand the brules that discard the ones which are detrimental to you. You have to meditate and get in touch with your inner self, find and listen to your intuition, became more spiritual and your spirit will guide you through life.

Vishen believes in a higher purpose, higher power, higher God that is manifested through us. We are all placed on this Earth to understand our purpose and act it out.

I read this book while being on a trip in Dubai and I think that was a very appropriate time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Code of the Extraordinary Mind.

August 3, 2018 – Shelved