Erin's Reviews > Lothaire

Lothaire by Kresley Cole

MY BODY IS READY for some Lothaire!
What is it about Lothaire that makes your Knees go weak and your heart skip a beat? Could It be his wit? His cunning? His insanity? Or just the danger that is Lothaire?
"I'm the sucker punch that you never saw coming."
Emmy Rossum as Ellie

Now who could possibly play Lothaire? Who, Indeed?...I HAVE NOOOOO IDEA...Okay...I'm lying, I just wanna keep him all to myself...*dramatic sigh* Ladies and Gentlemen!! *clears throat*
Paul Marron As Lothaire.
Lothaire is a complete bastard but i want him in my bed :P

REVIEW:
I absolutely adored this book!
Kresley Cole has out done herself yet again, and now I'm almost frothing at the mouth for the next book in the series, which I seriously hope is Nixie's Or Kristoff!
The characters are so believable that you feel you know them,
Elizabeth was just the BOMB! She was so really a truly the 'sucker punch' Lothaire didn't see coming.

The Hero or rather The anti-hero,Lothaire: Cunning, Ruthless, Sexy, evil and a complete bastard! I couldn't help but love him. Reading this you actually understand, Why he is such an A-hole (a very sexy one, but still). He has never known happiness, due to the haunting up bringing he had. You feel sympathy for Lothaire.I don't know about you but when (view spoiler) I went all maternal on him :P
He is seriously alpha and possessive which is always a plus for me!
The thing about Lothaire is, You don't know if he is evil or good, because honestly in some twisted way, He's good. He does stuff for himself to assure his welfare but it always ends up better for the others as well as him. Kresley stuck to the Character of Lothaire from beginning to end. She didn't try and make him turn miraculously into a complete good guy. Lothaire will always be a underdog who looks out for himself but that doesn't necessarily make him evil. She made it so he was still as cunning(and sexy) as before but made him open his mind more, making him see that there was a world out side of vengeance and power. Or rather Elizabeth did. Lothaire really has a problem with accepting the fact that Elizabeth is his bride, but when he does he is disgusted with his treatment of her.
WHO I CAST!: The coverboy, Paul Marron, just fit the bill for me and when I thought of who I would cast as Lothaire, he was all I could think about!! He was perfect for the cover and the representation
of Lothaire.

Our Heroine, The Sucker Punch, Elizabeth:
Elizabeth is a BADASS! I loved her! Ellie is quick witted, intelligent and seriously funny. She was so relateable, and quite frankly to good for Lothaire! but he does learn a little so,I suppose he trys to be good enough.
Elizabeth is truly the sucker punch!She decides to make Lothaire fall in love with her, so she can carry on living, while trying to protect her own feelings. She is most definitely one of my top Heroines of the IAD series. I loved how she was so strong and thick-skinned that most things didn't bother her. Except where Lothaire was involved, She somehow falls for him, not the mean and brutal parts of him but the Loving, caring and entertaining side to him(but to be honest Lothaire is always Entertaining!)
Ellie has such depth and meaning.She truly understands Lothaire, and that's why they seem perfect for each other. She accepts him as he accepts her.

The Romance:
Lothaire And Elizabeth are complete opposites. Their chemistry is off the charts! The sex scenes are...WOW!! Kresley has up'd the ante and these characters are the started of some amazing plot which will all play together!
Elizabeth is a piece of Lothaire that he desperately needs, she calms him and somehow eases the insanity. Once Elizabeth meets Lothaire, I think something clicks inside her, and Lothaire became a part of her too.
There important parts of each other, Lothaire would be hopeless without her.
(view spoiler)

ALSO!! I seriously worried about Nix...Girl needs some love!

OVERALL--I loved 'Lothaire'. It was a great read and worth the wait!

5 STARS!!

Oh gosh, I love this quote...so possessive...
"Too bad,Elizabeth. You're Stuck with me.Not for a few decades,not for centuries. You're tied to me forever. That boy and girl offspring you talked off? They'll come from me--or no one."--Lothaire

Playlist:
Sparta-Taking back control
The Spill Canvas-Himerus and Eros (fits perfectly with the book)
Theory Of a Deadman-Hurricane
Foster the people-Pumped Up Kicks

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lothaire.

Quotes Erin Liked

Kresley Cole
“Human orgasm, firecracker. Vampire orgasm, atomic blast.”

Kresley Cole
Admit it, love, you like it when I'm a little bad....”

Kresley Cole
“I have an idea. Let's take off our clothes and fool around on the settee. If I trip and fall and land smack-dab on your cock, then it won't be your fault.”

Kresley Cole
“He jerked back. "What is this? Be like you were with me the other times! When you melted for me."

"That was before I fully understood what a nasty piece of work you are."

"Because of a few shifter beheadings? Come on, Lizvetta, it's not as if I went around cock-slapping gnomes."

Her jaw dropped.”

Kresley Cole
“His debtors always assumed he'd demand their firstborn. Like I'm fucking Rumpelstiltskin? What would Lothaire do with countless squalling babes? Raise them in a kennel?”

Kresley Cole
“You are so naive, it physically aggrieves me.”

Elizabeth,
With my compliments.
You will never get your claws into another one of mine.
Rot in hell,
L

Nïx clasped her hands over her chest, sighing, “He gave you his heart. That’s so romantic. So much better than a candy heart. Those get stuck in the fangs, you know.”

Kresley Cole
“As Lothaire lifted the lid with a sense of dread, Nïx murmured, “Hint: it’s the middle one.”
Elizabeth’s fragile finger.Seeing it severed like this brought on a visceral reaction—pain shooting through his own hand, radiating throughout his regenerated heart. He closed the lid with a swallow, sentimentally pocketing the package.
“You gave her your heart, and she gave you the bird.” Nïx sighed. “Songs will be written about this.”

Kresley Cole
As he’d slept one night, suffering from some nightmare, she’d gazed down at him with tenderness. Her chest had ached with feeling for him—as his continued to do for her. She’d smoothed hair from his brow, soothing him with soft words.

Kresley Cole
“When she absently worried her bottom lip with one of her adorable little fangs, he sighed.
The Enemy of Old fucking sighed.
Dear gods, it’d finally happened to him.
Happiness.
Then his own fangs sharpened.I will kill anyone who tries to take this feeling away from me.”

Kresley Cole
“Everything between us is sick... twisted. And it doesn’t have to be.”
“Shh, shh.” He rocked her in his arms. Never had he comforted another in such a manner. He was awkward with this as well.
“I h-hate you s-so much.” She sobbed so hard her body quaked against him, her tears wetting his chest.
“I know.”

Kresley Cole
“She seemed to soften at that, but then she asked, "Has anything really changed?"
"I've learned I need to consult you in matters, lest you decapitate me.”

Kresley Cole
“She gazed up at him. "Just don't forget our new motto, Leo. 'We can always murder them later, but we can't bring them back.'"
"My wise and clever Bride.”

Kresley Cole
“Too bad,Elizabeth. You're Stuck with me.Not for a few decades,not for centuries. You're tied to me forever. That boy and girl offspring you talked off? They'll come from me--or no one.”

02/13/2012 page 289
62.0% "chap 37"

Erika His complicatedness? The strangest romance character I've ever read.

Erin Erika wrote: "His complicatedness? The strangest romance character I've ever read."

hehehe yeah he is...but he is sooo hot :P
who would you cast as Lothaire and Ellie?

Erika No doubt with the sexy. Charming asshole, he is.

The cast for Lothaire.. for me there's only one :) The cover boy, Paul Marron.
[image error]

As for Ellie.. Yours is nice, Emmy Rossum. But she looks so sad in that pic.
Perhaps Natalie Portman
Natalie Portman Pictures, Images and Photos

message 4: by Erin (last edited Jan 28, 2012 11:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin SAME! about the Paul Marron! to sexy....
personally Natalie...not my choice...i like her but not alot.
Emmy is my choice because of how she acts in shameless--and ellie is from a the bad side of town--like emmy in shameless is

Erika I like Natalie but actually I have no favorite actresses so I just picked her because she's brunette :) The second pic of Emmy is much better, I like it too.

Erin Emmy isnt my favorite actress--but i think if this became a movie- i would cast her.
Natalie is beautiful-but in ways to beautiful-I only like her in The star wars movies and V for vendetta.
I sometimes cant take her seriously like in black swan...that was the biggest WTF movie for me :P

Erin Oh and Erika You seriously have to read A hunger like no other by kresley cole--its worth it--or at least i thought so--its my favourite in the series.
When/if you read it you can tell me who you'd cast XD

Erika I haven't seen Black Swan. It was that bad? pitty..

Erin Erika wrote: "I haven't seen Black Swan. It was that bad? pitty.."

well it depends-do you like seeing Natalie masterbate while her moms in the room?? It depends on the viewer--it won an oscar--so i assumed it was good? but it wasnt my cup of tea

Erika I'm gonna read it soon. Yeah I heard good stuff about it. You just make me more curious :)
Ok I'll let you know when I've finished it.

message 11: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin that would be cool :) its seriously good :P

message 12: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Zahu wrote: "Ah, so finally got to Lothaire huh? How is it coming so far? And are you done with all the other books? :)"

It only came in the mail yesterday!! i cant seem to put it down!! and now i havent finished the other ones but im getting to it :P

Vicky Paul Marron is so hot.