Ivy Deluca's Reviews > Boy Toy

Boy Toy by Sarina Bowen

bookshelves: _arc-reads, older-woman-younger-man, single-parent

Sadie Matthews is picking up her twin girls from daycare, when she realizes the gorgeous man working there is none other than Liam McAllister, the boy she used to babysit when she was 20 and he was fifteen(ish). He’s grown up in the most delightful way. And yes, romance happens.

description

I’m going to make this quick (ha! so, you know, a normal length review like everyone else), since I’ll be reviewing it for the blog, but general thoughts?

The Good
-Liam is the hottie babysitter hero we ALL need. He is my favorite kind of hero - beta on the streets, alpha in the sheets.
-The Firsts are executed very well. Always key and Ms. Bowen and Eby did it RIGHT.
-The humor fits the story beautifully, and is organic, instead of the story based on just the funny bits, which is my favorite kind of humor.

The Bad
-The villains of the piece are pretty meh. They serve their purpose, but don’t really add to the story.
-The physical descriptions are pretty vague and fluctuate. From hair texture to skin tone, I’m not exactly sure what Sadie looks like and I have a general idea of Liam. If it weren’t for a description of Sadie in the first book in the series, I wouldn’t know (think? At this point) she is supposed to be a woman of color. Their age gap seems to be five years at one point, then six. It was confusing and pulled me out of the moment at times.

Everything in Between
-Friendships are still fun and the overall vibe is quick and easy and fun, which was just what I needed. It is definitely not necessary to read the earlier books in the series to follow things here.

description
With minor quibbles, I really enjoyed this and I think it’s the best book of the series. If you’re in the mood for the older woman/younger man trope with a side of hot babysitter, I think you’d enjoy this.

**ARC provided by author via PR for review**

For more reviews, visit

description description description description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boy Toy.

August 2, 2018 – Started Reading
August 2, 2018 – Shelved
August 2, 2018 – Shelved as: _arc-reads
August 2, 2018 – Shelved as: older-woman-younger-man
August 2, 2018 – Shelved as: single-parent
August 2, 2018 –
81.0% "Oh man *flinches and crosses legs*"
August 3, 2018 – Finished Reading